July Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 20 of 39
Go to
  • T_Girl, lol!! It's funny because before DH and I went to the movie, he said, "You'd leave me for Johnny Depp, wouldn't you?" And I said, "No, I wouldn't leave you. I'd just have a really long affair!" Aside from Johnny Depp, the movie was okay. It was interesting but nothing spectacular. But Johnny Depp was heavenly to look at, as always!
  • Morning all
    I've got a "morning after" food hang over.

I ate chips, a hot dog, cake & ice cream for the 4th and feel bloated. Not to mention my MIL gave me a mild migraine at dinner that is still hanging on

It had been so long since I've eaten cake & ice cream I was actually SHOCKED at how sweet it was. It really wasn't all that good and not worth the extra calories. Very interesting lesson for the future.

The plan today is to drink plenty of water & stay OP.
    Maybe by tomorrow I'll feel better.
  • I really though I had joined this challenge but I don'ty see my name on the list so can you add me? I want to lose 10 lbs and my start weight was 212 so get to 202.
  • 2beautiful, you ARE in the challenge!!! Somehow between page 14, when I added you after Couch, and page 15, when I transferred the list, your name got cut off. I am SO sorry! That's not the first time I've done that! I've even cut off my own name, as well as others, before! I really have to check more carefully to make sure I have the last names on the list in the copy-and-paste from one page to another! But yes, you joined back on page 14, and I'll go back now and paste your name and goal back on the list (after Couch's name) on all the pages between here and there, like I've had to do when I've done this before!! I'm sorry, and thank you for bringing it to my attention!
  • July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
    Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
    NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
    Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
    LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
    Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
    Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
    Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
    Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
    JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
    Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
    Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
    Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
    Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
    Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
    Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
    Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
    Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
    Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
    Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
    CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
    JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
    Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
    Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
    VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
    SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
    Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
    Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
    Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
    TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
    Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
    Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
    Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
    Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
    Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
    JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
    Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
    Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
    CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
    LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
    Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
    SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
    SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
    Moralia: Reach the 130s
    Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
    Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
    Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
    Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
    2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
    Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
    SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
    Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
  • Susie, oh my, a food hangover sounds terrible! I'm glad I resisted the temptation this weekend! But it is so hard, isn't it? As I looked at all those good foods at the cookout I went to on Friday night, especially the desserts, my mouth watered! Yesterday, when my DH stopped at an ice cream shop and I watched him with a huge swirl soft serve in his hand, again, my mouth started watering. When we went to the movies last night and I walked past the popcorn with it's buttery smell and fluffy yellowness, my mouth again watered! I feel like Pavlov's dog!! Lol! But especially after your description about how it doesn't taste as good as you remember, I am so happy I refrained! I hope you feel better soon!

Guess what Ladies!!! Today I lost a lb, and I now weigh 179 lbs!! Woohoo on the panties!! I haven't been in the 170s for 5 years, if not longer! It's been so long, I can't remember exactly! Let's see, I renewed my license last year and didn't change the weight, which says 175, even though I was in the high 190s. But I renewed it one time before that with it saying 175, when I weighed in the 180s at the time, so that renewal was 4 years before last year, so yeah, it's been OVER 5 years since I've weighed in the 170s!! And mark my words, the next time I renew my license, it will be accurate, and it will say no more than 145 lbs!!
  • I hope some of you ladies did better than I did yesterday! There weren't too many better choices at either of the parties I went to yesterday, plus I had a few drinks after separating with kitty (that went ok, but I cried a bit) I succumbed to a few deserts as well. A friend made these AMAZING snickerdoodles that were like crack!

I weighed in this morning at 272 which really isn't too bad considering I know I'm bloated and didn't potty yesterday. I have a LOT to do between now and WW weigh in Monday night, so I'm staying positive! I'm so close to 5% there!
  • Hey girls! Checking via my Blackberry so a super short post for me. I will have to catch up completely later as I only read the last page.
    Jacqui- congrats on making it to the 170's!!!! Woo hoo on the panties!!!

I'll do personals when I can, hubby opted to leave the laptop at home so it'll be a day or two. WI today had me at 159.2 and down 2 more inches.

Gotta run girls, have a great day and be sure to Drink Your Water!!!!!
  • Delphi, praying for you and your son.
    Just so you know, i have felt helpless many time in my life, and locked myself in the bathroom to have a good cry. (I think that is a normal thing)
    Surround yourself with friends and family, and let them help you-don't try to do it all on your own.

take care and keep us updated.
  • So I ended up not going to a BBQ as most Americans do, and got sushi with my friends

Diet-wise, I think I stayed within my point range. Though my friends & I did make Funfetti cupcakes, and that batter is just delish.

But I didn't have a car last night, and I walked around A LOT, so no guilt felt.

Now this morning, I had another cupcake for breakfast...gotta hit the treadmill later!
  • Morning Ladies,

Mystical - I spent the first 29 years in Manitoba, mostly winnipeg and then in february my dh got transfered to Alberta for work so now we're a ways north of Edmonton. Still adjusting but thank god for internet shopping. I think that food scale is a great idea, I was shocked at what a serving of meat looked like, I mean my dh and I actually stood there and stared at it on the scale, it was shocking, or maybe just how much I ate before was shocking, not sure. I really hope this helps your son too, part of my starting motivation was for my dd too, she's only 3 but it scares me to think what could happen.

Susie - those hangovers do suck, I get puffy eyes too where I can't even see, very sexy. LOL on the MIL and I'm sure you'll feel much better tomorrow. And maybe write down all that nasty stuff about eating that so you'll remember next time, it's never as good as we remember.

Jacqui_D - Woohoo on the panties!! You are awesomely fantastic, and almost 40lbs! I mean that's an entire first grader I think! Super proud of you hun!

Glutio - for the kitty and I'll be holding out for that 5%, you'll be there in no time and with lots of water that bloat should totally be gone by monday.

Cmo4 - Your dh should know we need you to have a laptop, honestly! And here you thought you weren't going to have time to measure, LOL we're all a bit compulsive around here. Glad to see that the scale went back to were it belonged. I'd be changing that ticker chickie, you're closer to 159 than 160 now, I think bragging is in order!

Soul - Good for you on stricking that much needed balance, good food and tons o'walking, I'll be seeing you on that treadmill later too!

Hugs for Delphi.

I don't know what I'm doing but for some reason I'm down another 1.5lbs today and just about into the 194's. 4lbs since July 1, I will enjoy it while it lasts. Last month was so rough at the beginning with some week and a half stalls so I guess I expected the same.

Well enough reveling in success for the moment, I've got lawn to cut, again, and some HIIT to finish and some serious bathroom/housecleaning to take care of, we're getting houseguests tomorrow night but unlike when we went on vacation, I get to feel them what I want muuuhahaha I don't think my dh's best friend has ever met an organic, grain fed homemade turkey burger before, we'll see how scared I can make him! I might even put some flax meal in it, or hummus, or the possibilities are endless!

Have a great day all! I'll be back in between craziness to see how ya'll are doing.
  • Good afternoon ladies glad to see you all doing good today. I am doing well today can't believe I slept in today. That is not normal for LOL I am so greatfull that I have made it almost through a full weekend without eating a bunch of junk that is usually what happens to me LOL I have lost weight but I am weighting till Wednesday my weigh in day to say officially that I have lost weight..... Can't wait to see how much I am down, I am so nervous it has been years since I have actually lost weight it is always a gain for me.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Glad to hear about people having a good time yesterday, but still staying OP! And susiemartin, its good that you realized it wasn't worth it and you know for next time.

As for me, I was very good yesterday and didn't partake in all the available snacks, but I did take a day off from exercise. I really have absolutely no idea what is going on with my body right now, I am up 2.7 lb this morning?! I haven't had a loss since this month started, just a steady incline back up to 289. I feel like giving up, but I know I can't, I just don't know what to do at this point. Any ideas?
  • Good morning, ladies.
    [COLOR="Red"]Jacqui ~ COLOR]Congrats on the 170s!!! I'm with you on JD!.

Tummy When I arrived home after my visit with Sandye, I looked at my houses and thought "eeuuwww, must get busy!

Gekster DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!

I'm a little dense with the way to add colors, etc. My apologies if it turns out funky.

I had a good day yesterday. I did not eat enough. Just two meals and one snack (I know, I know, Sandye) but I slept in and was very busy all day. Nevertheless, I am down another .8, for a total of 3 lbs!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone.
  • Late_to_the_game - I worked evenings for the last 6 days, so I found myself sleeping in and then not eating enough, too.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!! You're on a roll

I'm sitting here at work researching vacations to Greece, and it's making me want to go NOW!