TOM Poll....

• Hi!
    So, quick time of the month talk...
    I have PMS 2 weeks before I start. I retain so much water that I had to buy bras that are 1 cup size bigger. Seriously. I retain Boston Harbor.

A week to maybe 2 days before, the bloating, cramps, cravings, excessive tiredness etc go away. During this magical time of the month, I experience zero symptoms.

Today I began...and yesterday I had gained a pound back on the scale. I'm wondering, how does the TOM affect YOUR weight? Do you find that you increase a bit before, during or right after? I'm hoping against hope that that pound will disappear tomorrow (my official weigh in date)....
  • Mine usually goes down right after. I have heard that your BMR tends to be elevated during TOM. I think I probably burn more during, but retain water to balance that out, then when my body sheds the water, I show a loss from having burned more cals. Or I've eaten enough chocolate to compensate and don't show anything at all.
  • Mine usually goes down near the end or right after.
  • Quote:
    Or I've eaten enough chocolate to compensate and don't show anything at all.
    Hehhehehe!
  • I increase the week before a little, enough that I don't seem to lose at all. Then more during. Usually 2-3 days after I drop a few pounds from the bloat.
  • I don't think it affects my weight at all. But I'm on BC pills, so I don't get any of the horrible PMS that I always see other people getting. For which I am truly thankful.
  • well, I lost 1 lb on my first day of TOM then another 1/2 lb the next day, but I have been in a holding pattern for almost a month with no weight loss what so ever, but was very excited that it broke through when TOM came I usually am so bloated, up and down 4 lbs I mean I can weigh myself before bed and be 4 lbs up, wake -up weigh and be 4 lbs down, that was mind boggling. But now that I have been eating clean this is the first time TOM came without wanting to eat everything in sight. I didn't even get my chocolate craving.
  • I usually gain 5 or so lbs and then after a few days of monthly...time...its back to normal.
  • In the seven weeks I've been "dieting" I've had it 2x... My weight stays steady (no gain/loss) the the last day or two I drop 2-3lbs! Suits me fine! lol!