No Excuses! Maintainer's food and exercise accountability 6/29-7/5

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Midwife - good luck with all the fast food stops!

I got my exercise in last night - 60 minutes of Weider, swiss ball and DB exercises, 30 minutes of ab & cardio. Overdid it yet again I believe. I have got to figure out how to pare the strength training down to 30-45 minutes, or I'll never be able to get up in the morning and get everything done... Food was on track for calories but totally different than what I planned...

Today:
    E: treadmill when I get home, I hope. Sore, so might turn into an off day.
    B: kashi go lean, pink salmon cup, apple, coffee
    S: Special K chocolate drizzle bar
    L: grilled chicken salad, string cheese
    S: yogurt, maybe some trail mix
    D: TJ Carnitas with corn tortillas, rice, broccoli
    S: skinny cow or yogurt
  • Midwife - have a great trip!

Megan - I always find that after blood donation, my next day's workout is just EXHAUSTING to get through. It gets easier the next day, then a little easier the next, and by 3 days out, I'm back to normal again. This has happened EVERY time I donate, so I just know to expect it now.
  • Quote: Megan - I always find that after blood donation, my next day's workout is just EXHAUSTING to get through. It gets easier the next day, then a little easier the next, and by 3 days out, I'm back to normal again. This has happened EVERY time I donate, so I just know to expect it now.
    I suppose I was just thrown by it b/c I've never had any "side effects" from blood donation. Other than making sure I get my workout for the day in before I go donate, then donate in the evening, by the next afternoon workout (24 hours after) I'm fine. Actually I've always been totally fine immediately afterward (this time was the first time I wasn't). I'm just hoping it's a one-time thing, otherwise, I'll just have to make a point to schedule workouts further around blood donations. I'm working out my back today so if I still feel fatigued, I'll go lighter than normal.
  • Last night turned into a BBQ-fest. Our farmer's market is usually Saturday mornings, but they had it Wednesday night this week because Saturday is the 4th. We went right after work, and I was STARVING. The BBQ smelled so good, and I didn't think I could hold out long enough to make the chicken salad I was planning since I hadn't cooked the chicken yet. I didn't eat enough calories earlier in the day and I felt like I was going to pass out if I didn't eat soon. So we brought home pulled pork and ribs. I did make the chicken salad AFTER dinner though so that is my lunch for today.

Thursday:
    B - shredded oats, skim milk, blueberries, strawberries
    S - peach
    L - light flat out wrap with lettuce and cooking light chicken and pea salad (vinaigrette, not mayo-based), gazpacho
    S - peach, apple
    D - not sure. We're going to have a picnic at a 4th of July concert, and MIL is bringing dinner. I told her to bring something healthy so we'll see what we end up with.
    E - planning to take dog for a walk
  • Good morning! Well, last night I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill and beat on my punching bag for about fifteen minutes. Then, I ate a reasonable & very OP dinner, installed heat blocking film on the window in DSS's bedroom, and topped it all off with one carefully measured serving of B&J 'Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road'. Between the strength training sore muscles, three salty meals this week, cake this weekend & ice cream last night I might as well just strap a six pack of bottled water around my waist. Oh well - I made the bad choices, so now all I can do is recover. On the way into a holiday weekend... What the heck was I thinking?

Jessica - the BBQ sounds yummy...

Today:
    E: yoga when I get home, or maybe the off day I should have taken yesterday
    B: smoothie, coffee
    S: string cheese
    L: grilled chicken salad, apple, laughing cow
    S: yogurt, kashi go lean
    D: dunno yet... probably spaghetti
    S: graham cracker. I swear.
  • I've been in a little bit of a funk - repeat: Eating will not make me feel better! Yesterday the plan changed a bit, but the calories ended up the same.

Planning for today:

B - Egg whites, veggies, crumpet
    S - Yogurt w/ berries
    L - Leftovers - Chicken skewer, corn on cob, salad
    S - Popcorn
    D - Grilled flank steak salad w/ grilled veggies
    S - Fruit Floe popsicle

E - 80 min cardio
  • Amanda - I'll say it with you... Eating will not make us feel better!
  • Friday -

E: 60 minutes of Elliptical
    Slept late, so no breakfast...
    L: leftover enchiladas, fat free chocolate yogurt with TJ candied walnuts
    S: kashi go lean with lowfat vanilla yogurt, banana
    D: 2.5 slices cheese pizza from Little Caesers
    S: yogurt, probably with more candied walnuts and some fruit.
  • Amanda - hope you are feeling better today!
  • Shannon - hope you're feeling better too!

Last night I had an experience I had never had before...I was upset enough that I did -not- want to eat. No dinner or night snack. Woke up this morning still nauseous, forced down a slimfast, and went for a run. But emotionally things have calmed down, and I ate lunch and now I'm having Thai. So yes, better now.

B - Slimfast smoothie with frozen strawberries
    L - Salad w/ grilled veggies and flank steak
    D - Thai - Tofu veggie stirfry, 3/4 cup rice, a little padt thai.
    S - NSA Ice Cream, berries

E - 5k this morning
  • I spent all day yesterday hanging ceiling fans in my again no AC house, so ended up with a chili cheese dog, tater tots, a cherry limeade for dinner and a frosty from Wendy's as a chaser. Hot, sweaty, dizzy, too tired to cook, but felt perfectly comfortable putting my butt in the car and going for ice cream... Geez. And I say I don't comfort eat. Hm. Only came in 350 calories over maintenance level though, since I hadn't eaten much during the day - which I'm sure led to the dizzy during ceiling fan palooza. Today has been good on the calories, trying to make up for yesterday's crazy...

Today -
    slept through breakfast again...
    L: turkey burger on WW bun, leftover macaroni (1/2 serving)
    S: TJ Candied Walnuts
    D: TJ carnitas with corn tortillas, lettuce, tomato, rice, unsalted chips & salsa
    S: yogurt with raspberries & blueberries, TJ candied walnuts
    E: nothing formal, vacuumed the upstairs
  • Amanda - I've had the too upset to eat experience recently myself... Not pleasant. Glad you are feeling better today.
  • Yesterday -

B - English muffin, egg white, turkey sandwich
    S - Crumpet w/ 2 tsp PB, Jelly
    L - Half turkey sandwich on wheat, 1 serving sunchips
    S - Wine tasting :-)
    D - 4 oz steak, 2/3 of a small baked potato, broccoli, salad, 1 glass wine
    S - 1 slice of my sister's birthday cake

E - We played Wii fit. Note to self - shoulder is NOT ready for Wii boxing. It didn't hurt at all last night, but today? No good. It hardly moves again. Sigh.

Today:

B - 1 egg, 3 ounces leftover steak, 1 hash brown patty
    S - 1 in slice cake (peer pressure!)
    S - Popcorn, 1 cup grapes
    D - Mexican Beef and Bean Bake
    S - NSA Ice Cream, berries

E - 1 hour hill run this morning.