Anyone doing The Metabolism Miracle?

• I got my book "The Metaabolism Miracle" by Diane Kress, RD, CDE yesterday and started Step 1 today. I just if anyone else on 3FC is following this plan.
  • no, but I'm very interested in it. I'm thinking really hard about ordering a copy of it. Does it look fairly easy to follow?
  • what is that book about? who is the author? im interested
  • I would like to know more about this as well
  • I just popped this on my iTouch. I am strongly considering it - it seems very easy to follow. She has a chart - meal math - for each meal. Seems more on the lower carb style - using very healthy carbs for one or two meals per day. Some of the recipes seem a little complicated for what they are - for example, the artichoke egg recipe - she wants you to buy whole artichokes to dig out the heart and roast. You can buy them already done up at Trader Joes. Also, lunches seem a little complicated - I really just want a sandwich but she has us eating fish or chicken and veggies. I have to figure that one out.

I've been skimming it - will need to really read it cover to cover.

Sue
  • Hi,
    I just started it this week.
    I was on Dukan for 3 weeks and showed no results. I even starting running with a running ap, which I LOVE! I also added soft sand running to it, to work a bit harder. Still Dukan gave me no success. I was really bummed out becuase my friends were all losing huge amounts of weight.
    When I heard about MM I realised that my metabolism type B might be the cause.
    Anyway, I am really committed, I'm not even having the 5x5 carbs from the low carb lists. I am making sure I eat within every 5 hrs from the YES lists though... I just haven't been able to find any low carb break or low carb yoghurt or low carb milk in Sydney...
    But I did find that thin rice crackers have 4g carb.. so if I get desperate..

Anyway. I really hope it works.
  • i have the book and am starting in 2 days! it looks hard though to me as far as the no more than 5 carbs every 5 hours and eating every 5 hours. The food that is allowed is not my cup of tea so i know this will be very hard for me.And the recipes i dont have most ingredients for. i cant seem to find "light cream" anywhere ive checked a health food store and 3 grocery stores local to me lol and having trouble finding low carb bread. i found low carb wraps of course they are ubber expensive. Id love to hear everyones progress and have accountability buddies