Could I please just get a hug?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Sad...I am sad. I'm getting an 8% paycut this coming year...ok, at least I still have a job! But my department has been asked to trim 17.7% from its budget and that means people. My department here at the university is like family...these cuts are going to hurt family and that's making me so very sad and depressed and disspirited.

Eating or bingeing will change nothing, so I promise I won't do that. I gave up alcohol, so won't drink myself into a stupor. Feel like I'm trapped and running in little circles with no outlet, so please...may I just have a hug?

Sadly yours, Jean (Peep)

• Chin up, keep strong...

Kira
  • Good for you for having a plan of what not to do... I'm so sorry to read about what you are going through...
  • thanks guys...it helps a lot.
  • Im sorry. I work at a College also and from time to time we get a scare like that. Thankfully I have been spared though....for now....Sending a hug your way dear.........'HUGS, HUGS, HUGS......
  • Thanks Mug!
  • Awwww! I'm sorry to hear it! This economy is hurting everyone. I got laid off last month and still haven't found a job. I wish your friends the best of luck.
  • I'm so sorry but you sound like you will survive! Hang in there.
  • Aw monkey, I'm so sorry.
  • Super Big {{{{{hugs}}}}}
  • many

Hang in there.
  • I feel ya- I make less at this job than my last one and it really hurts my pocket book.

One of my last jobs after over a year I asked for a raise and was let go...

*hugz*
  • How could not hug such a cute white goat!! :-)
    Sorry to hear about the paycheque cut ... I hope it will get better soon!
    Big hugs on their way to you!
  • while the pay cut will definitley sting it is managable youll just have to be a little more frugal is all its better to at least have a stable income but as to your friends i know you feel bad and i know its hard and this is probably going to sound really mean but ... take care of you. they'll find a way .

but in the mean time its good that you know what not to do you should be proud of yourself for not turning to food or alcohol ..... Major hugs ur way