Can I join 100 lb club even if I don't have quite 100 lbs to lose

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi -

I've been reading the posts on the 100 lb club and you seem like a great group of chicks. I don't have quite 100 lbs to lose....closer to 85 (but some days it feels like it might as well be 100). Anyway I would still like to become part of the group. Does anyone mind?

Thanks,
  • No one minds! Everyone is welcome here; you will experience a lot of the same issues as those of us with more than 100 pounds to lose. Just jump right in, and welcome.
  • of course! The more ppl around, the merrier it is around here. Also, the more support we can read about and try to give. Welcome to the boards!
  • Thanks for the nice welcome! And, of course, based on my height, if you go by WW's goal weights, my goal weight should be around 135, which would be 100 lbs. But my doc says a realistic goal weight for me should be around 150-165ish, and he'd be thrilled when I get there. I'm not so concerned with the long term goal now...as it's a ways down the road. I'll set a goal weight when I get closer.

Right now, I'm just focusing on mini goals, staying OP, exercising, and feeling better physically, mentally and emotionally.
  • to the forum!
  • Sure thing. Come on in and enjoy!
  • Welcome
  • Welcome to group. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome Michelle,

We are glad to have you. It is interesting for me to hear that your doctor says 150-165ish is a reason goal as we are the same height. I am really not thinking in terms of a final goal yet. I kind of have a goal of 163 because that would take me into the "overweight" BMI range. Right now I am focusing on not be morbidly obese and then getting under 200.
  • Just pretend that you already lost 15 pounds and you just have 85 left to lose. That sounds like a plan!

Welcome!!!
  • Sure thing.... WELCOME!
  • Welcome!
  • Mind if I join in too? I just love coming here and reading ya'lls posts!

My goal weight is 130 but the doctor says I should be at around 110 - 115 for my height. Funny I haven't been close to that since school!

I have been doing well this time around with the weight loss. Joined WW and have been sticking to plan although the scales haven't budged for 3 weeks
  • Hi and WELCOME!!!

LOTS of great discussion and advice and help and support here!!! We are looking forward to learning from you, too!

Kira