Recommend a low-calorie treat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I had a Tazo Mojito / Spearmint flavored iced tea from the coffee shop at Barnes & Noble. 0 calories, and yum!

Also tried a pear-flavored Sobe water, which was good.

And I love those 10-calorie sugar-free Jell-Os.

What good low-cal snacks have you found? (Under, say 120 calories.)
  • I do not care for sweets but if I am craving them, I have a Toffuti pop. They are ice cream sandwiches (tofu) and are something like 160 calories and 6 grams of sugar. You can find them in the organic/health section of the freezer aisle in most grocery stores.

• I tend to eat fruit in season for a treat. Right now melons and strawberries are AWESOME!

I tend to avoid 100 calorie packs, and low calorie versions of the foods that helped me to become obese in the first place... I shoveled out big $$ to various companies to aid in my massive weight gain...I'm not going to pay them to get thin too.
  • Sugar free popsicles for me!
    Popsicle makes a "tropical" assortment I like - pineapple, fruit punch and orangy mango.

My sister swears by sugar free fudgicles, she is such the chocoholic.
  • Del Monte 100% real fruit frozen bars, to die for!! Yum!! 100 cals!
  • I like to eat frozen blueberries, about 70 calories per cup. 1/2 of regular icecream is usually no more than 150 calories. Little squares of Ghirardelli dark chocolate are also good (1 square is about 70 calories).
  • I love frozen blueberries also and I like to take strawberries, dip them in dark chocolate (only on one half side) and freeze them also.

I bought a snow cone machine and love to use Davinci SF syrups (fav. right now is banana) to make SF snowcones. YUM.. I need one now.

My fav. "dessert" is a box of tic tacs - I think I figured about 60 cal for the entire box. They are such a strong flavor they last a long time and I love them. I think one of the things you need to be successful is to find snacks and treats you love to begin with that fit in your plan.

I also love SF rootbeer with a Tablespoon of Heavy cream. It sounds funny but just the small amount of heavy cream makes it taste like a float without all the calories (only 50 calories for 1 T).
  • If I want something sweet - 1 piece dark chocolate = 25cal

If I want something salty - 1/2 ounce peanuts = 85 calories

If I need some protein - 2 oz ham - 60 calories

Cheesy treat - 5 Ritz crackers with a smidgeon of blue cheese - 100 cal
  • 1/2 c. of fresh fruit (berries, usually!)
  • Quote: I also love SF rootbeer with a Tablespoon of Heavy cream. It sounds funny but just the small amount of heavy cream makes it taste like a float without all the calories (only 50 calories for 1 T).
    That sounds GREAT. I rarely drink diet sodas because of the headaches I get with artificial sweeteners but I think this would be a cool, yummy summer occasional treat...

Remember Lavern on the old sitcom "Lavern & Shirley"? She would always drink milk and Pepsi. I tried it once and it was really good.
  • I also love frozen blue berries and grapes!

Also, those mini bags of popcorn that are 100 cals. I love love love popcorn!!

Sugar free Popsicles and fudge bars!
  • Sugar Free pudding
    Sugar Free jello
  • I don't do a lot of snacking except for my one piece of Dove dark chocolate a day and really that is more like therapy than snacking. Just saying!

If I do need or want a snack my favorites are a mini bag of popcorn sprinkled with Splenda and cinnamon, fat-free yogurt, Kashi bar, sliced strawberries with Splenda, or cantaloupe sprinkled with black pepper.
  • I have discovered that I REALLY like those Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedges which are only 35 calories a piece. I have one of those with 16 Fat Free Wheat Thins which are 130 calories. I know that's 165 cals, but you could cut it down to 10 crackers with the cheese for a smaller portion.

I also like those Del Monte 100 calorie cans of fruit cocktail. They are SO tasty and convenient. I actually look forward to those at lunch time!
  • sometimes ill make a giant strawberry banana smoothie. ice, frozen strawberries, banana, 8 oz of v8 light strawberry banana juice, and a splash of FF half and half, if you want a creamy sensation. then i split it up into 6 popsicle molds and freeze them. comes out to about 100 cals a pop, (less if you use no sugar added strawberries) and it makes me feel good to be eating a low cal treat that doesnt have a lot of bulls**t in it.(i eat enough artificial crap from 100 pack items)

oh and i got the popsicle molds from walmart, it was only like 2 bucks, nothing fancy needed.

edited to add: i think the v8 light actually has splenda in it