Round 3

• Truthfully it's more like round 17 as far as weight loss goes, but it's round 3 for me here on 3FC. The first time I fell off the wagon was purely my own lack of will-power; the second time my head sabotaged me. I've struggled with depression since my teens (I'm 33 now), and I've been off/on Wellbutrin for years depending on my pregnancy/nursing satus. In January I started having panic attacks though I didn't recognize what they were until I ended up in the ER sure I was dying in March. For those three months I was sub-human; I was also diagnosed with an ulcer/GERD at the same time (the panic fed off the ulcer and the ulcer fed off the panic - an ugly, vicious cycle), and my doctor and I have been working diligently to get those issues manageable. I've been more or less "maintaining" for a month or so now, so it's time to get my butt back on the train to a healthier physical state which will hopefully help my emotional state, too.

I'm now on Celexa/Xanax/Zantac/Protonix; I've been on 20mg of Celexa which helped my anxiety but hasn't helped with my depression much, so he just upped it to 40mg - fingers crossed that it does the trick.

Anyway, I've been reading through some past posts, and it's comforting to have people to talk to who can understand the "extra" difficulties in battling weight loss and depression/anxiety simultaneously.

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and I wish you all luck on your journeys!
  • my weight now effecting my depression.