Cant Grow Up Like This!

• Hello all,
    Well, its taken me a few days worth of courage collecting, but its finally time to leave my mark and introduce myself. Im 22 yrs old and have been struggling with my weight since middle school. I've tried numerous diet plans and gimmicks, cutting out certain foods, simply watching calories.... you name it, Ive tried it! Problem is, nothing seems to stick. Somehow I can find time when Im very dedicated, can lose the weight, then manage to stumble again.

The biggest frustration I have is the industry I work in. I have an undergrad and will soon be enrolled in a masters program for exercise science/health promotion. Yea, ironic right? Im super active and love to be on the go, but my eating holds me back. Im weak in that respect! I've known since I was young that I will never be "thin" or "skinny," its not how Im built, but considering the line of work Im in, I would just once like to feel fit and healthy!

Alright, semi-long first introduction... I guess Im hoping this site will be the motivation I need. It seems as if you have such great and caring women to help support and encourage each other, and thats exactly what I need! I guess Im looking for a few (or a lot!) of buddies to help me along the way. Im a good ear and would do the same in return Any ages, any backgrounds, I feel I can benefit from all walks of life.

Thanks for reading and good luck on your journeys!
  • Hi!!! I'm so glad you introduced yourself! I don't know anyone else studying exercise science/health promotion! You have such an advantage by having all that knowledge! Everything I learn about health and exercise I learn from my family, books, or on this great website! You can lose that weight!!! I'll be rooting for you!!!
  • Welcome and good luck !
  • Hi and welcome!

Yup, you just pop in here on a regular basis and you'll see how much it helps you to stay on the straight and narrow.