My conversation with Yoplait

• I really love the fiberone yogurt.. so I decided to write to yoplait. I had getting replies that appear to "form letters"

Here is the conversation:

me: For the past week I've been eating the Fiber One yogurt - key lime pie flavor. This is the BEST yogurt I've ever had!! I can actually taste a graham cracker crust. How do you do that? and 80 calories. You guys are awesome!

reply: Dear Mrs. King:

Thank you for contacting Yoplait-Colombo regarding Yoplait Fiber One key lime pie yogurt four pack. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your positive feedback with us. We will be very happy to pass on your comments to the product team.

We are committed to creating the highest quality products for our consumers. Feedback such as yours helps us achieve this goal for the future.
    The way in which we achieve our unique yogurt flavors is proprietary product information and unfortunately we cannot share that with you.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope you continue to enjoy our products.

Sincerely,
    Gwyn Walters
    Consumer Services

my reply: Thanks for replying...

Please stop sounding so "corporate" - it's a turn off...

I like the product.. period. I don't want to steal your "proprietary product information" If you continue to sound like a bunch of lawyers it's only going to piss people off.

Loosen Up...

End results... the yogurt is awesome! and you should try it! I got a 4 pack at Woodman's (Wisconsin) for $2.09
  • I absolutely love the key lime pie flavor too! Just fabulous!

Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have replied, "Ya, we think it is pretty awesome, too. Thanks for the nice letter! We love getting happy letters from our customers!"

But, no, that wouldn't pass the corporate scrutiny!
  • too funny.

I saw your post about working with the Y trainer, I did that for a bunch of sessions (very nice looking guy, btw, heh heh). boy, did he work my keister off. So glad I did it.
  • The Fiber One yogurts are hands down the best tasting I've ever had. So smooth and creamy.
  • Never had them. Gotta give them a try.

And I agree - chill people, chill. And I thought *I* didn't know how to take a compliment well. Sheesh.
  • I've come to love yogurt, but I have a hard time with artificial sweeteners - the Fiber One yogurts have Aspartame, right?
  • I'm about to write to most yogurt companies to stop putting nutra sweet in their "light" versions. Everytime I look at the yogurts, I have fits cause I want low cal yogurt but can't (except with ONE brand).
  • I too have a problem with artificial sweetener. I wish there was a light yogurt not made with it.
  • I hate Key Lime pie BUT the Yoplait yogurt is absolutely delish!!!
  • Quote: I'm about to write to most yogurt companies to stop putting nutra sweet in their "light" versions. Everytime I look at the yogurts, I have fits cause I want low cal yogurt but can't (except with ONE brand).
    My favorite is Horizon brand organic low fat yogurt. No weird chemicals and it tastes great (not that I'm anti-weird chemicals considering how much diet coke I drink!).
  • Quote: Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have replied, "Ya, we think it is pretty awesome, too. Thanks for the nice letter! We love getting happy letters from our customers!"
    That was the kind of reply I was expecting! I'll still eat the yogurt I still have yet to try the other flavors. Has anyone had them?
  • I wrote to Healthy CHoice about their one of the meals in their Naturals line (Pumpkin squash ravioli - - OMG yumm!) and I got a similarly stuffy letter. I don't recall it being quite that bad, though! And they did send some coupons, so it was hard to be mad.
  • Somewhere there's a poor Yoplait customer service person making $10 an hour and getting smacked for sending out a corporate-approved form letter to one of the hundreds of letters they get each week while answering complaint calls about nutrasweet and spoiled yogurt. I'm so glad I don't work customer service anymore.

On the other hand, I totally agree that the key lime pie is tasty!
  • I am now stuck on greek yogurt. I can't eat the others anymore. It costs more but has loads of protein and feels like I am eating a dessert...mmmm...I am going to go eat one now!
  • LOL I wrote a similar letter to Lays years ago asking them why they did not make Wow! Cheetoes (yes, it was a long time ago) and the letter I got back basically said, "Thanks for writing. If we do make Wow! Cheetoes, it won't be because you told us to." Oh, and I got a 50 cents off coupon.

Lame. I never ate Wow! anything again.