EA's Active for Wii

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Is it fun? I need to find some exercise that I enjoy.
  • I'll have to get back to you on that one. When I worked out with my friend we are gabbing and making comments about the moves so I wasn't really sure. I enjoyed it but I liked the exercise. I'm going to try to do it by myself tomorrow morning, so I'll update you!
  • IMO, some of it is fun and some of it is really hard work. I like making my own workout and picking mostly the stuff I like. I LOVE the boxing and kick boxing part. The "dancing" is kinda lame but it's a nice short break in between. I like the basketball and volleyball parts also. I HATE the kick-ups! I like the in-line skating with balance board, not so much without the jumping kills me!
  • Quote: Is it fun? I need to find some exercise that I enjoy.
    If you are asking about the Active, then I'd say yes, when I was playing with my oldest son. I got kind of bored with it, without him. There are plenty of titles for the Wii that ARE fun and will keep you active while playing though. I'd say the WiiFit offers more of the "funfactor" though.
  • It sounds like I can ask one of my sons to do it with me. Then they can get exercise while helping their Mom. We just have to get tricky sometimes!
  • I think it is a ton of fun, though some of the exercises are difficult. I love the volleyball game. I did the second 30 Day Challenge yesterday. I would completely recommend it.
  • I also think it is fun and challenging at the same time...not so much for ardio but for strengthing/working muscles. I like the kick boxing and the tennis, basketball and tennis.

But the Squat holds?!? Ugh!
  • Quote: I'd say yes! Very low impact and the exercises have a pause where you actually have to hit A or something on the Wiimote to continue. Plus the customization is a neat feature with the Active. So yes. If your looking for something more challenging then WiiFit but not as high impact as the Fitness Coach, then Active is probably a good transition choice for you.
    Thanks! Just the answer I was looking for. I had a feeling it was what I needed. Maybe I can get that next DH payday. Or if I sell some stuff on ebay LOL
  • I'm just looking for something to get my exercise back on track. I'm looking at the Wii Fit to get started. Knowing that I can kick it up to the Wii Active is good to know.