My surgery is in two days....some musings

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My hysterectomy is in two days, and I am ready to "Git-R-Dun"!! (thanks Larry the Cable Guy!) Today I go for all my pre-op labs, tomorrow it's all liquids and a bowel prep starting in the evening, and then Wednesday....it's a fond farewell to my goddess parts!

I feel mentally ready for this....every once in awhile the "Oh CRAP this is happening!" thought goes through my head. Every woman that I have encountered that has been through this (and there are a LOT of them!) has said this is the best thing they ever did.

I am viewing this as a fresh start for myself on all levels. Physically, I know that, after the swelling and water retention go down, I will drop some weight, which will encourage me to keep going. Mentally, I am finding out more and more each day how strong I am. Spiritually, I am more in tune with myself and with God than I have been in a long time. And...you definitely find out who your friends are!

Yes, it will hurt....yes, there are risks.....and yes, the recovery road is long....but ultimately, I can only see good things coming from this.

Thanks for letting me share this!
  • A friend just got home from the hospital yesterday from the same procedure. She's doing great and hope you will to.Good luck.
  • All the best!
  • Prayers & good wishes,
    Tracy
  • My recovery from the operation over 10 years ago was much easier than I thought it would be, but I did make the mistake of returning to work too early so I hope you can take it easy a little longer. Add me to the list of women who don't regret it for a day.

Best of luck to you--rest, drink your fluids, and feel well soon!
  • Sending my thoughts for a quick and speedy recovery!!
  • Best wishes for a quick recovery Jen! When you feel up to it, please let us know how you are.
  • Jen, wish you all the best and definitely take it easy. See you back soon.
  • Good luck and take care of yourself.
  • Sending hugs and good wishes for a swift recovery your way!
  • Oh Jen, your attitude is wonderful and will definitely help speed up your recovery. Will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.
  • You will certainly be in my thoughts for these next few days, Jen ---- I think with such a positive attitude, you are going to do just fine.

Big group hug!!

• Thank YOU for sharing your feelings. I'm sending healing vibes and tons of soft gentle hugs your way.
  • Thanks to all y'all....

It's becoming more and more real now....got all the labs done yesterday and am now wearing one of those lovely ID bracelets. Today is my last day at work, and I am getting odds and ends done before tomorrow (like getting a pedicure! Hey I know my priorities!)

Thanks for your support! After it's over and I am out my drug-induced haze, I'll write you and let you know how it went.

See ya!
  • Lot's of hugs and well wishes from me to you. See you soon!