Weight Loss Buddies II

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Hey Neesy and Staccie

Staccie - London would be awesome, can you put me in your suitcase (large suitcase at that!) I would go in a heartbeat if I were you. I haven't traveled anywhere and have always wanted to. Marriage and motherhood were the priorities -mostly motherhood, but I would love to make that up sometime in the future. That is if money and time allow!

Neesy - I know where he is at, but shortly he will feel better. The first 4 weeks are really ****, because it is such a drastic change from life as we know it. My daughter said she was in ****, but the last few weeks she started loving it because her body adjusted and muscle was being built, plus she started seeing self improvement and loving who she was becoming. The school after boot she really loved (A School) she had a blast. So, given time he will adjust. I am sure though missing you is a double whammy. I wrote letters like crazy and then when I could start mailing them I flooded her with letters I wrote for weeks -she loved it! I hope tomorrow is easier for you. Hey bye the way, I ate those extra calories for you today! LOL......... Yes I was bad!
  • Lindy-spinning sounds kinda fun. I wish I had options for a gym around here. Sounds like you have a plan for the week and will see a loss on Sunday. I did think level 2 would have been a little harder than it is, but Jillian knows what she is doing.

Staccie-5am workout, you are lucky if I can even roll over at 5am, so not a morning person. I can not nap, I can sleep like 3-4 hours, so I just dont do it, unless I am sick. London would be so exciting. I would love to travel, my husband will not get on an airplane though. I want to visit my sister in NZ but dont know if it will happen.

Dance-I hate it when I cant sleep, but if I cant, I try to get on the computer or I love sudoku so I play that. Anything to keep my mind off food. I think it was you that asked how old we all are, I just turned 28 last month.

Neesy-13 hours without a pee break. I would not make it. I have always wanted to be a nurse, I just need to get off my butt and make it happen. You need more calories, need to keep something to grab at the nurses station. Hope things get better for your husband. He will probably feel better about it once you can write him too.

Maddiesmom-sorry to hear about your back, but you will do fine counting your calories. Maybe it will even help you.

Sandy-hope your headache is better. My grandmother used to get migraines all the time, hope that never happens to me. Glad the swimming helped a little. Carrot cake, yum.

So I didnt get to do 30ds yesterday. I was working all day and had to spend the night there and forgot to take my dvd. So I get home today and I am so tired I just want to go to bed, so I did(without doing 30ds again) While I was laying here on the computer, I started feeling so guilty for not doing my workout that I got up and made myself do LEVEL 3!!! It was tough, but not too bad. I got through it and am glad I did. I cant skip days, I only have 10 days til I am in NY and seeing my best friend for the first time in 7 years. I have to stay on track. I get to stay at home and relax tomorrow, not run after two hyperactive little boys. My house could use a good cleaning. That will burn some calories, also have a walk planned with my SIL. I want to go for a bike ride tomorrow too. Ok, I am gonna go to sleep. Have a great nights sleep everyone
  • Morning chicks!

Ok...first and foremost - BIG HUG FOR NEESY - I feel so bad for you. Just focus the sadness and stress on getting yourself ready for your hubbys return. Here's a thought, maybe you stick with a tight program, I mean...you are already but stick with a program and set a short term goal before he gets back, then...if you reach your reward, go to like a photopgraphy studio and get professional pics done, maybe send them before he gets back so he knows what to look forward to. Nothing trashy...just sexy, OH - like those 50's pinup pics, those are so cute. Anyway...just an idea. My hat is off to you in regards to your work. Its takes a lot of dedication nad heart to do what you do and I applaud you for that.

Mygrits - Oh my gosh, you literally had my cracking up in my office this morning, the girls were looking at me like I was crazy with your -- whoa hessy comment, lmao! Sorry to hear that the headache didnt work itself all the way out. Hopefully the carrot cake did? AND IT WAS WORTH IT?! Ahem...lol.

Stacie - your a funny girl (constipation look-yup, ive been there). Had me laughing through your post too. I guess we were all feeling "lively" yesterday, lol. Your meals sounds good (and quick), Ive taken a couple of your ideas and incorporated them into my diet. One of them was an egg and salsa and bean thing? You posted it a while back and its one of my favorite meals to eat at dinner now. Wow...London...really? You should totally go for it. If I did not have Gabriella, things would be VERY different. I mean, dont get me wrong, Gab is my life and I wouldnt change it but just sayin...I would definately go for it, what do you have to lose - right? DO IT...DO IT...DO IT...lol.

Burgundy - woot-woot girl, good job on level 3. I have not made it that far. In fact, I dont even want to view it for fear that I may stear clear of moving on, lol. I almost didnt do it last night. I got wrapped up talking to a "friend", heehee and before I knew it, its was 9 at night. But nope, I wrapped up my conversation and did it. I though I might have trouble sleeping but no, not so much. I crashed5 minutes after I finished the DVD, lol. In my sweats! Gross! Stay focused, 10 days is not far. Common...I challenge you to do the 30DS for the next 10 days straight. I mean...it IS 30 DAYS and I was listening to Jillians podcast a couple of weeks ago and she did say that it is intended for 30 straight days, that yes, your body does need "rest" for weight lifting and such but circuit training you can keep going consistantly. Sooooo...what do you say girl? YOU CAN DO IT (imagine my Arnold Schwartzenager voice-lol).

Dance - thanks for your compliment, its just funny how you see yourself sometimes. Its a good thing though because if I didnt see my pictures from Christmas, I might have not started this whole lifestyle change in January. Has anyone else been motivated by pics?

Ok...now, me....I have some good news. I hopped on the scale today and I am back at 185 AND I figured something out. What I failed to mention was that I was taking Glucomman (sp?) supplements. Well...I kept asking myself, what have I changed besides increased exercise to make me GAIN. And it pointed to that. So I stopped taking the pills on Sunday and low and behold, I feel 10x less bloated or constipated...go figure, because they are actually supposed to help with this issue. *sigh* - oh well, at least I got it figured out. I went to the gym today and did AbsPlus...god, I LOVE that freakin class, I am in so much pain when Im doing it, Im begging Michelle (the instructor)..."please stop, I hate you" -- lol, then she replies back "good, then Im doing my job" -- haha, love that chick. So, I am having a great day and am feeling great. I will check back later to see how everyone else is doing.
  • Morning, girls!
    Not too bad yesterday but was on the upper end of calorie cycling with 1740 cal and an hour of running. Am going to take it easy on my knee today with some rowing and walking my friend's dog who I'm dog sitting for through the weekend.

Lindy - glad you found the culprit - didn't know glucosamine could cause bloating and stuff. Way to go on the abs class!

Neesy - such a hard time having your husband far away - hang in there, girl, and come vent about it whenever you want. We are here for you! I definitely join the chorus of admirers for your dedication to an incredible job. So glad there are people like you out there! But I can totally understand finding the workload draining. I couldn't agree more that the more degrees you have and the higher you get, the easier it is. I have an MBA and an MA and I definitely work less now (and get paid more) than I did before I had them.

burgundy - good for you on the workout! Hey - do you need particular equipment to do the 30ds? weights, stretching bands, etc? I may have to get a copy for bad weather days as the summer draws to a close.

Staccie - London sounds like a great idea - I spent a year there in college and just went back with my bf to show him around last fall. Plus, the guys have the cutest accents and an interesting sense of style (that is, if you're in the market - don't remember if you mentioned being in a relationship).

mygrits - Sounds like you had great priorities - there will be plenty of time to travel in the years ahead. Is your hubby interested in traveling? Maybe you could set up a travel-oriented reward for your weight loss efforts?

Have a great day, all!
  • Dance - the only thing you need for the 30ds is hand weights, I use 5 pds. And a mat if your doing it on a hard surface. I HIGHLY recommend this DVD, I am on day 10 and I can visibly see a difference, I cant wait to get through all 30 days and post pics. I took the before pics for our weight loss challenge but the same day I started 30DS, so I can show you girls whether its really "works", I mean, I read all the time that people lose inches and Im starting to believe that. Anyway...its only $9 at Walmart, so its worth picking up only if you do it occasionally. As far as your calories cycling goes...1740 is still very good. Yeah...I definately think increasing my calories is now helping me with my diet, and about the gluc....blah, haha...no, I had no idea it did it either, in fact, I cant prove that that was the problem but its just coincidental.
  • Neesy- I am so sorry for every thing that is going on for you right now. I have had a 15 hour a day job and it laft me with nothing outside of it. Litterally! I am sorry about your hubby. At least you are hearing from him. My twin brothers, during boot, wrote me twice and I thought I was going to die! It was by far the hardest time in my life home alone while they were there. I can't imagine my hubby. SO SORRY!

Burgundy- I am so impressed with how fast you kicked your butt back on to the plan! I need a little bit of you with me right now.

Lindy- I am glad that you feel optimistic again. Your hard will really will pay off. And didn't know that either and its good to know!

So you have talked me into 30ds! I am going to get it today.

*I on the other hand have fallen off the wagon for TWO days. =( More than that really if you consider all of my cereal this weekend. I am so mad at myself. Yesterday I told myself it was a new day... I gained a pound so I fell apart. I am really going to try today. Extra water and no starch today to try to flush the crud out of me. I have been fairly stable for 4 weeks and week 5 has just been disaterous! Wish me luck. I am starting my day now!
  • I started a new thread, since we are at the 500 mark. I sent everyone a PM, except for AJOwens, it wouldnt let me send you one. Its in the same place, called Weight Loss Buddies III.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post2871337