Breakfast...what's cookin?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I have oatmeal almost everyday. I started doing this so i would stay full all morning and it works but oh so boring. What healthy breakfast do you have?
  • I usually toast a double-fiber English muffin and spread it with Laughing Cow cheese, and also eat some cheese, greek yogurt, or cottage cheese for added protein.

Or a bowl of Kashi Go Lean with skim milk, though again, I usually need a bit more protein than it provides.

Or a smoothie of frozen strawberries, a scoop of vanilla whey protein, skim milk, and two tablespoons of ground flax seed. Yummy!

I eat at around 6 am. All of these will keep me until 10ish, which is when I get a cup of coffee and eat a South Beach protein bar to get me to lunchtime. I often eat lunch around 1ish.
  • I'm having an egg white omelet with fresh tomatoes and bell peppers from my garden Depending on if I can eat it by myself (my 2 year old will probably help me) I might have an orange too.
  • 1 cup honey nut cheerios with light silk soy milk and half a banana slice on top of the cereal. delish! if there's any milk left i throw in a couple frosted mini wheats
  • I almost always have a bowl of oatmeal topped with fruit. The night before, I measure equal amounts of oatmeal and unsweetened vanilla almond milk into a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning I pop it in the microwave for a minute or two, add fruit, and it's ready. This morning, I also had 1/4 of a cantalope, too. Yum!
  • I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every morning. Right now I am having 2 slices of toast using whole wheat bread and scrambled eggs using eggbeaters instead of whole eggs. I am very satisfied and it is several hours before I get hungry.
  • I am eating 6 grain cereal, blueberries, nonfat plain yogurt, almonds and almond milk.

I sort of adapted this recipe from Julie08. It is AWESOME and satiating!
  • Right now it's vanilla yogurt topped with Strawberries and splenda! Mmmmm

Sometimes it's 1 slice of WW bread, 1 Tbsp of Peanut butter and a couple slices of banana, folded in 1/2 with a cup of skim milk.
  • It is funny what creatures of habbit we all are. I also have mostly the same thing everyday. I am not usually hungry in the morning but I make myself eat something. An apple, and either fat free cottage cheese, or a boiled egg.
    However I may make something different tomarrow.
  • Double fiber whole wheat english muffin toasted, 1 egg + 2 egg whites microwaved, 1 slice of 2% sharp cheddar cheese all put together as an egg muffin-sandwich-thing. Yum! 300 calories and holds me easily for about 4 hours.
  • I eat the same thing every morning. Kashi Go Lean, 1/2 oz of walnuts, strawberries if in season, and light vanilla soymilk. Plus a cup of Chai tea with fat free half-n-half.
  • either a piece of whole wheat toast, an egg and a slice of cheese, or 2 whole grain waffles with natural peanut butter and raspberry jam made into a sandwich. i sometimes add a bit of fruit (cherries, orange slices, etc). i also always have a full glass of water (with my mulit-vitamin and folic acid) and some black coffee...
  • For the last couple days I have been cooking an egg sandwich. It's an arnolds sandwich thin with one cooked egg, 1.5 oz lean ham slices and one wedge of laughing cow cheese. It is delicious! I am excited for breakfast when I make this.
  • Quote: Double fiber whole wheat english muffin toasted, 1 egg + 2 egg whites microwaved, 1 slice of 2% sharp cheddar cheese all put together as an egg muffin-sandwich-thing. Yum! 300 calories and holds me easily for about 4 hours.
    On the weekends, or the days I work from home, I eat something very similar. Double fiber ww english muffin, toasted and spread with Laughing Cow light garlic and herb, topped with poached eggs. Numilicious!
  • My go-to breakfast is very light because I get up and immediately eat my breakfast/snack and to to the gym and I don't want a big meal sitting in my stomach. Then I eat a second snack when I get home again. It's almost always an Eggo low fat multigrain waffle toasted with a wedge of laughing cow light spread on it and topped with either some deli meat or a fried egg white. I usually also often have a small handful of nuts. When I'm not going to the gym that morning and I feel like a decent breakfast my favorite thing to make is fritata. I mix it all up in my cast iron skillet and throw the whole thing in the oven. I love ham, potato, jalapeno and cheddar but that one I only make on my higher calorie days. On the lower ones I fill it with veggies like peppers, onions, tomato, asparagus and feta or parmesan cheese.