Feelings....

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have them.

Amazing.

Perhaps this was part of the reason I ate myself into a stupor: I didn't want to feel. I have a history where you could argue that I was easily overwhelmed by emotions. Perhaps I was. I know I was criticised in my 20s for being too "uptight" and not letting myself feel anything.

But oh my. Only three weeks into this journey I can feel hunger. Real physical hunger. I never felt that, really. Now that we're reaquainted, I'm doing my best to make sure it doesn't come up too often, lol!

And I'm not going to mention how delicious real, whole, good food is! Especially when I'm hungry. What I'm eating these days is just so much better than the stupid ice cream or whatever I used to indulge. I actually whimpered with joy eating my snack tonight.

And tiredness. I feel deliciously tired at the end of the day. Not exhausted and strung out--fortunately,--but like I want my pillow. It's my second favourite thing about losing weight. I have to go to bed early. I cannot believe that being over tired contributes to weight gain, but apparently it does. Everyone is now asleep and I get to go to bed. And I'm tired. I like that, too!

Oh and I firmly believe that the excercise I've been doing is helping me control my anger better. I have a way to go before that isn't an issue--but I feel much less out of control than I did.

This is the first Spring, too, in over 20 years that I've been able to smell. (Quit smoking last fall). Lilacs are divine. I am so lucky to have a lilac bush in the back yard.

Heavens, I wasn't just obese three weeks ago--I think I was dead.
  • Wow what a great post!!! Now THAT is something to be grateful for - FEELING . . . feeling alive, feeling happy, feeling grateful . . . feeling anything.
  • I love your post. It's much awesomeness
  • What a beautiful post, Alana.

I know what you mean about the tiredness. When I'm living a healthy lifestyle, I look forward to bedtime. Not in that, "I'm bored and exhausted and I have to get to bed because I work tomorrow" way, but in the way where you love your pillow and your sheets feel clean and fresh and the cat is purring as you drift off kind of way. Ahhhhhhhh.
  • Quote: where you love your pillow and your sheets feel clean and fresh
    I looooooooove fresh sheets! You know if I could pay someone to change mine daily I would do it!
  • Awesome post Alana! Thank you for this!! This is what I am also experiencing at the moment and it's wonderful!
  • How insightful. Feels so different and amazing doesn't it. It's like you never even knew you werent living right? Lilacs are my fav by the way.
  • Great post that really made me think. I'm especially interested in what you say about exercise helping with anger control. I don't do public anger but that's maybe worse than holding it all in and having door-slamming sessions at home - and, in the past, eating as a display of anger. hm.
    Great post!
  • I totally feel everything you just said. Very well said indeed.
  • Spot on, bravo and you can say that again.
  • I have feelings too when I don't stuff them
  • Quote:
    Heavens, I wasn't just obese three weeks ago--I think I was dead.
    What a powerful statement. I'm in the beginning stages of recommitting to a healthy lifestyle where exercise and good eating rule and obesity is not a a word to describe me. I know that I love the good feelings that come with doing what is right for my body, instead of the horrible negative feelings that come from when I do wrong to my body.

Keep it up!
  • Life is good, isn't it?
  • Very powerful words - great post!
  • Clearly you are focused and reaping the benefits of living healthy.