Do you use a juicer?

• I was thinking of buying a juicer to get in my daily vegetables, but it seems that making juice will use up a lot of my alloted calories for the day. For example, I usually use only 35 calories a day on veggies(I know it's hardly anything, but for the most part I don't like many veggies and I don't like to cook them.) but if I make veggie juice it could be more like 200 calories. I really don't want to give up my snacks to be able to make room for the juice, but I'm starting to break down and realize that I may have to start making healthier choices with my calories. Do you have a juicer? How do you like it? How many calories do you use making veggie juice? Thank you!!
    *Any recipes would be welcomed!
  • I don't really drink jucie. I hate drinking calories! I feel like I'm getting ripped off becuase it's not really "eating." I find actually eating the vegetables would make me feel fuller.

I used to have a juicer, and it was a pain in the rear to clean. I hate dishes, so that alone made me not want to juice.
  • No, you lose out on a lot of fiber when you juice fruits and veggies. If you'd rather drink your veggies, go with a high quality blender and make smoothies so you retain all of the good stuff. If you add in small amounts of vegetables in a fruit smoothie, you probably won't taste the difference.
  • I have a vitamix and I'll make veggie/fruit smoothies sometimes but I don't like taking the fiber out of the fruits/veggies that juicing does.
  • It sounds like I would lose some of the good stuff if I use a juicer, so I think I'm not going to get one now. I'll just microwave frozen veggies instead! Thank you all for your advice!
  • Hello,

I'm new but I use a blender and make blended veggie drinks for breakfast. This helps me get my veggies in early and anything for the rest of the day is just icing on the cake... I usually use a banana and 2 or 3 veggies...and yogurt! Its very filling and I enjoy the taste...and I gegt all of the fiber as well!
  • I absolutely yes use a juicer but I reuse the pulp. Vegetable pulps work great in soups and stews as thickeners. Fruit pulps are excellent in homemade cereal bars, and cookies.

I don't really follow any recipes just whatever I have and whatever sounds good, and honestly I haven't juiced since starting calorie counting so I would have to figure out the best way to count it. Something to speak to a nutritionist about.