Can I Toot?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My own horn, of course.

The scale showed a loss today. 6.2 lbs! I am so psyched. Of course, it's still likely a lot of water weight (I hope it is a lot of water weight!) and I don't expect to ever see a loss this big in one week again. (I sort of hope I don't. I'm 45. My skin needs time to adjust.)

But it is oh so gratifying--and just what I need to start Week three.

And I need to know: Why have I not had a peach in years? I'm having one for breakfast right now--and, yes, they were horribly expensive. But I have let that STOP me for years--and years. I hardly ever ate fruit--no wonder. All I bought were apples and sometimes, bananas. That's no way to live.

Hooray for peaches!
  • Woot! Great job!
  • ROOTY TOOTY, FRESH and FRUITY!

That rocks! OMG!
  • Alana, as the summer comes on, try to buy things in season. Often they are the cheapest and the tastiest.

I agree with you about the peaches. Yummy. Even if produce is high I try to remind myself how long I purchased $3 packages of cookies or chips without hesitation.
  • I know you will keep going!
  • That is simply amazing!
  • Oh, peach season. It's the best thing about living in the south.

Congratulations on your loss! That's the best feeling in the world, of course you should toot your own horn!
  • Congratulations!
  • WTG Alana!! That's freaking fantastic!
  • Toot all you like, you deserve it!
  • Thank you, everyone.

And when is proper peach season?
  • I love peaches too! Here in Colorado, we start getting peaches in about a month. Probably different in the south.

Good job, btw!
  • Atta girl!!! THAT'S the way to do it. Just keep on doing it and doing it and doing it. You can toot yourself all the way to goal.........

I got peaches today for 99 cents a pound. They're just coming into season.

And isn't it amazing, when you get rid of "those foods", you get to replace them with MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better ones. Who knew? What a pity I didn't get that together years and years ago. Oh well. No time like the present and the future.
  • Peaches just started showing up here too, and the height of the season lasts through the summer, so prices should come down a little towards the end of the month, if the crop was decent this year.
  • Awesome Job!!