Guggulsterone ..anyone try?

• Was wondering if anyone has tried the supplement guggulsterone.. I was looking up the ingredients in the popular weight loss pills to see if I could pick a couple of 'ingredients' cheaper and skip the extra caffeine.

It's supposed to support your thyroid... here is one link that explains it (it also sells it so don't trust it as 100%) . Has anyone heard any negatives to taking it?

http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/s...lesterones.asp
  • I wouldn't mess around with hormones (including thyroid stimulating hormones) unless your doctor gives you the mediciation to do so it could cause horrible damage and reprecusions in the long term (or even short term).
  • Man, don't mess with your thyroid...seriously...especially since this stuff is considered a "food supplement" and isn't tested in the same manner as a pharmaceutical is. So you might get different concentrations, and different effects...
    Kira
  • Most people with weight problems do not have thyroid problems. Hypothyroidism only affects about 2% of the population. Treating a normal thyroid can actually have the opposite effect and cause hypothyroid which can cause you to gain weight. If you have not been tested and diagnosed with a thyroid problem, you should avoid any product that claims to improve thyroid function - whether their claims are true or not. If you suspect you have a problem, please see your doctor and get tested. The prescription used to treat it can be very inexpensive, as low as $4 a month.