frozen fish

• I wanted to share a quick and convenient food that I discovered last week. Part of my weight gain problems stemmed from relying on frozen convenience foods because I am such a busy person. After dieting for 6 weeks, I found that I've become more adept at throwing together quick and healthy meals; however, I missed being able toss frozen fish or chicken into the oven occassionally. I discovered that Wal-mart sells "lightly breaded and baked cod fillets". These are delicious and have only 2 grams of fat and 6 carbs per fillet (and they are decent sized). They are real fish fillets, not that formed stuff. I like milder fish and I'm not crazy about seafood, so it's difficult to please me. The only thing I didn't like was that it has a stronger fish odor than haddock fillets.
  • Sounds delicious, I love fish! Especially with a big dollop of Kraft fat free tartar sauce

What brand are they?
  • brand of fish
    The brand of fish is just the Wal-mart Great Value brand. The exact words are "lightly breaded and baked cod fillet." There are two fillets per box, but they are 4 oz each.
  • Mrs. Friday makes a very good lightly battered halibut fish pieces. Each about 2 oz. I find them in the grocery store but are a better buy if you shop at Costco where they sell them in a larger box.