In the "Why did it take so long" category ...

• I just saw an ad for carbonated green tea
  • I'm not sure how I feel about this lol.
  • I saw that last night and started drooling, lol. That sounds like something I'd love.

They didn't show any "diet" varieties on the ad I saw... which is just as well, because I am trying to cut down on fake sweeteners anyway (and the full-sugar stuff won't tempt me).
  • I picked up a bottle of this yesterday. It was the berry flavor. Of course I didn't realize it wasn't diet (duh) and took a sip. It was pretty good but didn't drink it because sugar drinks are not a part of my plan. I hope a diet version becomes available.
  • There is a local cola around here called Cricket cola, it has green tea in it but with other stuff. It is carbonated.
  • I like a little sparkle in my life too, but don't like the additives. I make the tea (any iced tea) a little stronger and add club soda to taste. I buy the generic club soda (frugal woman's Perrier) in 6-pack cans for 75 cents a 6 pack.
  • Quote: I like a little sparkle in my life too, but don't like the additives. I make the tea (any iced tea) a little stronger and add club soda to taste. I buy the generic club soda (frugal woman's Perrier) in 6-pack cans for 75 cents a 6 pack.
    Geez, now I feel dumb, why didn't I ever think of that?? Club soda is going on my shopping list for this week. Thank you!
  • Quote: There is a local cola around here called Cricket cola, it has green tea in it but with other stuff. It is carbonated.
    I tried that once, I thought it tasted like a wet ashtray!

I think I'll try the club soda and tea trick, thanks Tommy! I drink my iced tea unsweetened (no sugar or splenda) and bet it would be good carbonated in the summer.