I'm thinner than taht girl?

• So, just wanted to share my little wow moment of the days.
    I was at work earlier, and there is another girl there who is very close to my age, and appears to be very close to my height.
    Since starting this job a couple weeks ago, ive wondered if im the same size as this girl, or if im a little bit thinner. She looked cute to me, a little overweight, but so am I.
    SO today, she and another co worker were talking, and she said that she was a size 13.
    My mind went O.O size 13?
    I mean, i had been thinking that i might be a little smaller than her, but apparently im 2 pant sizes smaller than her. I guess it all goes back to us being unable to view ourselves correctly as we lose weight, because our brains don't process the change.

I guess this was one step towards realizing that im not as big as i think i am, especially since i didnt think this girl looked very big at all. I was thinking we were the same size.

So yeah, just wanted to share
  • I still have these moments. They're eerie, aren't they? But still kind of cool.

• It takes a while for the mind to catch up, doesn't it!

What a good experience for you.
  • Yes--know what you mean..I have a friend that I always have thought was thin and fit..the other day we went to the pool together and I stood there beside her and thought--wow--we aren't really that far off...

surreal...I mean..surreal
  • I can't WAIT to have that moment. I know I'm smaller. My measurements and clothes say I've lost 5 inches off my hips and waist but when I look in the mirror- I just don't see it. Of course, I never saw myself as being as fat as I really was either.

Glad you had that realization that your body is changing in a GOOD way.
  • What a great feeling! Good for you!!
  • One of my best friends (who is the same height as me) just told me her weight fluctuates around 140-142 and I was flabbergasted! If I were to guess I would have said she weight 130 at most!

I know I'm still bigger than her but she has a kick *** bod and if it's only a matter of losing another 15 or so pounds to be a similiar size to her than it just gives me so much motivation to keep losing.
  • I totally understand. There are lots of people in my life right that that I perceive myself as being far bigger than... and know that I know their size or how much they weigh and it`s MORE than me... it shocks the heck right out of me.
  • I bet that felt so good!!! I cant wait to feel that way, hopefully soon I will! Congrats!!!