Featherweights Plan and Chat in June

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • I ran my question past Ilene and she said "Go for it!". So here we are folks!

What's up with you for June?

Daily report?

Weekly check in?

Food finds?

Small victories?

Julie's going to tell us "One reason she's staying on plan today".

I need a new exercise ticker.....
  • Good morning!

Yesterday was a good start to the month for me. I did elliptical and shoulders. My food was good right up until the rhubarb on toast I had at bedtime

I have been flubbing my weekends but this is better. It only took until Tuesday to get back to my Thursday weight.
  • My husband and I have been getting up consistently at 5:30 every weekday morning to work out before getting ready to go to our jobs. He goes to the basement to work out on his Total Gym (he's got a poster of Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley right on the wall for inspiration) and I go to the gym. Three days a week I do cardio, and two I do weight training. I try to get to the gym as much as possible on weekends too. SInce I am normally a slug-a-bed, it's a really big deal for me to get up that early to work out. I would like to reach goal by the end of June, if at all possible, and am going to employ the Fat Smash Diet in order to help me get there.
  • TF5M, good for you for getting up so early, not an easy feat for even the early risers...

Susan, thanks for starting the thread and back even though being back as a Featherweight rather than a Maintainer is not the best scenario, I KNOW you will be back a Maintainer in no time... Not that I want you to leave or anything... Gee am I making any sense

Yesterday was a good day for me the weekend was also... got my workout in and food was spot on...woke up and had a 2 lb loss ... Now let's not start a parade because I lost 2 just let it pass because I am a great one for self sabotage when people notice my weight loss... so shhhhhhhh don't way a word and Ilene won't realise she's lost 2 whole pounds ....

So Feathers, let's be careful out there and let's continue to have a great minute/hour/day/week/month it's one step at a time...
  • Ilene ... almost everything you say makes sense to me ... hmmm ....
  • SusanB, rhubarb on toast is not that bad a splurge! Rhubarb is oh so good for you, and so low in calories, too!

Yesterday was POP for me - yoga, cardio, and at the low end of my calorie range. The only bad thing was that I had a horrible time getting to sleep last night. At 1:30 in the morning, I finally gave in & took half of a sleeping pill, which of course made getting up this morning difficult.

I made it up, though, & to a morning yoga class. Then had a chicken breast for breakfast (weird, I know, but today is going to be a long day, & protein sticks with me!) and power-walked to campus as I was running a bit late.

Weight this morning was 136.2 - I can totally hit goal this month, I KNOW I can!
  • Susan -- ALMOST ........

SuBee -- I know you can make it to goal this month
  • Another POP day yesterday! Cardio, yoga, & at the low end of my calorie range, plus I walked to & from campus (1.5 miles each way) & the library (.75 miles each way). The scale rewarded me with 135.0 this morning (but I knew I was up a bit in water starting out the month, so it's not "real" loss yet!). Unfortunately I had to take another sleeping pill last night...

Woke up this morning groggy from the sleeping pill & already a bit hungry - I forced myself out of bed & to yoga class, though, & am now having ham & eggs with an apple for breakfast. I think I'm going to try to hit the middle-upper end of my calorie range today, to shake things up a bit. Also planning on fitting in 30 min. on the elliptical later today.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Hi Ladies.

I did not make my June goal which was to even GLIMPSE the 120's on my scale. This morning I was 132.5. I have not been as focused as I have been in months passed. By that I do not mean I am eating garbage--I am not. I'm just eating a little more and trying to find a balance for the "forever" me. I am still good on my workouts too. I do need to start drinking my water again.

For calorie counters I wanted to mention how happy I am to have found recently two products--Shiratake noodles (20 calories a serving) and PB2 (powdered peanut butter--50 calories for 2 TBS)...I know not everyone likes these items but luckily I DO!
  • Hi Ladies! Hope you don't mind if I just jump in. I restarted my journey about 10 weeks ago to try and reach my goal (again). My motivation - 2 affairs in June that I want to look and feel good at. Well, now those events are only 1 and 2 away. I am somewhat satisfied with my progress so far. I feel like my body has shaped and toned more than the actual weight loss itself. I feel better, look better (at least I thibnk so) and my clothes fit better. I am still wearing a size 12 - but I am trying not too focus too much on the numbers.

I have been carefully watching what I eat. Lots of protein, vegtables, healthy fats and limiting the basic carbs (breads, rice and pasta). I have been going to Jazzercise at least 3 times a week and try for 4 or 5.

I feel like I have hit a plateau or a wall and I don't know how to get past it. I don't want to be super restictive in my diet because then I will never stick with it. I think I have to be more aware of the # of calories I'm eating. Perhaps I will buy that Calorie King book I have been reading about here on 3FC. The hardest part for me is to keep this up everyday.

Amy
  • Afternoon Featherweights!

Yesterday was good. Legs and elliptical. And my food was good.

I worked today so that was different. I'll have to elliptical tonight and not snack!
  • Today food wasn't POP but tomorow is another day... Exercise was good did UBWO...
  • I did elliptical last night and I did not snack!

And ... now .... I'm going to change that profile thing over there <<<<< !!!!
  • Had a good day yesterday EXCEPT that we did not get up and exercise for the first time in almost six weeks! We'd been up at 3:30 in the morning during a thunderstorm making sure no water was coming in our basement and then couldn't get back to sleep...and my hubby has been working on our basement every evening after work and is hurting and grumpy. Back to the exercise today, though, and so far, so good with the eating.
  • Congratulations SusanB!!! Way to go!!!

Yesterday was Day 3 POP for me - yoga, cardio, walked to & from campus & the grocery store, calories in the mid-high part of my range. Down another smidge today to 134.6 - basically this means that the bit of water I was up is now gone, so I'm back in the range where I was maintaining, so the pounds from here on out will be more difficult, but also real weight loss!

Didn't take a sleeping pill last night (yay!) but absolutely could not drag myself out of bed for yoga this morning (boo!). So my plan today is two 30-minute cardio sessions, plus calories at the high end of my range (as I'm feeling tired & light-headed, which are not good dieting feelings).

Have a good day, everyone!