I'm gonna be a Grandma???

• My daughter called and told me that she and her husband are expecting a baby!!!!!!! Woohoo! I'm gonna be a grandmother!

Ok, I'm 43 on Saturday...I can handle this! LOL

I have requested that the child call me Nana...I've only known one person that went by Nana and she was a crazy old, sweet thing whom I love dearly. So Nana I am!

Nana Banana...."Hey, Nana's Bananas!" hehehe

Ok, can I please be the young looking, HOT Nana? LOL
  • congratulations!!!!!! this is THE BEST news!!!!

and you already ARE one hot nana!!!!!
  • CONGRATS!!!! Best wishes for you all.. My mom was a young grandma as well at 41.

Again congrats..
  • I've heard of a MILF, but it sounds like you may be a GILF!!!!
    Congratulations!
    Kira
  • Congratulations!
  • You are one hot Nana!
  • ANG! You can Be a SUPAH HOT NANA!!
    I told my mom when I have spawn they'll call her Pat Patti or My new Addition PatPat
  • Oh Nana! First thing you need to teach the kid is how to salsa!! LOL!! I was only forty when I had my first grandkid, and it didn't hurt a bit. He graduated from high school this year!!!! Now that hurt.

You'll love being a granny Ange. It is one of the best things in the world. Only thing is, I'll never go into the labor and delivery room with my kids again.....It hurt me like crazy!
  • I hear ya Nancy! But her husband is to be depolyed about the time she's due and I am to be her coach! Can't get out of it! I am honored that she wants me to be there but I am too empathetic for my own good...I'm going to feel it too!
  • Congrats!! I made my mom a grandma at 41 (and my grandma a great grandma at 61...and if you want to go there my great grandma a great great at 84 )

My mom said she wouldn't trade being a young grandma for the world it's absolutely the best!
  • Ange, good for you! Are you close to where they are stationed? What branch of the military is he in? Is she coming back to your area when he is deployed?

I begged my DD's nurse for drugs, and she finally said, "Your DD seems to be handling labor very well." I told her the drugs weren't for her they were for me!!!! My mom had six kids and she came with me one time and that was all she could take. She had five daughters and after the first time with me, she would tell them just to call her when it was over!! LOL!!! This is why I've never worked maternity! We babysat the 20 month old last week for four days and she is a moving, running, destruction machine, but when 8:30 rolled around she was down and out! Thank God! Now I know why old people don't have babies.

I'm so excited for you.
  • Congratulations to you! I remember when you daughter was first moving away and you were a little sad. Isn't amazing now you will have this little one to keep you all tied together.
  • Thanks everyone! nancy, he is a Marine and they are stationed in 29 palms CA and I'm in Boise ID! they are too far away...but she is coming home when he's deployed in Sep. I am glad of that! I want to be around them as much as I can...help out. Though it will be hard to let them go when he gets back and she has to go be with him again. We are hoping for an assignment closer to home when re returns...we will have to wait and see.
  • VERY COOL Granny
  • Quote: Thanks everyone! nancy, he is a Marine and they are stationed in 29 palms CA and I'm in Boise ID! they are too far away...but she is coming home when he's deployed in Sep. I am glad of that! I want to be around them as much as I can...help out. Though it will be hard to let them go when he gets back and she has to go be with him again. We are hoping for an assignment closer to home when re returns...we will have to wait and see.
    My brother in law did basic (at least part of it) in 29 palms or as he calls it...29 stumps of h*ll. I hope they get a super close station when he gets back! That'd be awesome for you all!