Today Is Special for Me

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Today's June 1st, my fortieth birthday.

Today I am happier and HEALTHIER than I have EVER been in my ENTIRE life. I have weighed less than this of course, but I've never been so careful about what I put into my body, and I have NEVER exercised regularly, and voluntarily (!) before in my entire life. Never. Not even as a child.

I have been getting calls and emails all day from friends and family telling me how proud they are of me, how much I am inspiring them and how great I look.

In fact I found out yesterday that my sister, who weighs about what I did when I started last August, began counting calories about two weeks ago and has already lost 15 lbs!! And she told me she's doing it because of me. (Crap, I'm crying at work now).

3FC has been a big part of my support network. I love all of you and am so grateful to all of you. Forty's not bad; not bad at all.
  • DC!

What a great place for you to be in at such a fabulous time of life. Have a great day!!
  • Happy Birthday DC-- you are awesome
  • Thats wonderful about your sister! I hope she goes far! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Happy Birthday DC!
  • Happy Birthday DC!!!!

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a wonderful day! You definitely deserve it!

• Happy birthday, DC!!
  • Quote: Today's June 1st, my fortieth birthday.

Today I am happier and HEALTHIER than I have EVER been in my ENTIRE life. I have weighed less than this of course, but I've never been so careful about what I put into my body, and I have NEVER exercised regularly, and voluntarily (!) before in my entire life. Never. Not even as a child.
    Doesn't that feel great? I mean, you can weigh less, but that doesn't mean you'll stay that way. But if you're living differently, that - *that* - says everything about what the future holds.

• Happy birthday!!!! It sounds like a very special one indeed

• I can't imagine a better birthday! Just imagine how great next year's is going to be!!!

• Happy Birthday DC.
    You've done such an amazing job so far!
    You should be very proud of yourself.
    Congrats on a new year and a new way of living.
  • Happy Birthday, DC! What a wonderful way to start your forties!

Barb
  • woohoo! what a great gift to yourself! happy birthday!
  • Happy B-day!