Whatcha readin'? June 09

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • (Not sure if this is a forum that requires an introduction for newbies so Hi! I read too much, so I'll be here frequently )

Currently reading: No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong
  • Case Histories
  • I think I'm finally going to be able to get back into reading. I'm heading off for vacation on Monday and will pack my Kindle which is loaded with several books, but that won't stop me from downloading more if I need to. I'll check back in July!
  • well have recently decided to make a change in my reading habits and stop picking romantic comedy books so have just bought

of mice and men but john steinbeck (awsome read if you have not read it already)

make lemonade by virginia euwer wolff, this book is listed as a childrens clasic but it deals with quite adult issues of a single mum living is poverty and as u can guess has little to do with lemonade

and lastly to kill a mocking bird by harper lee have never read it but its one of those must read before u die books ..

am working on of mice and men first..

much love
  • To Kill a Mockingbird is a wonderful book. There are a lot of classics that I'll pick up and re-read from time to time. This is one of them.
  • Finished the new Sookie Stackhouse book, I enjoyed it. I thought the series took a dip in quality in the middle of the series, but it's picking back up nicely. Probably because there is more Eric - I always liked Eric, but I really appreciate the character after seeing him portrayed by the delectable Alexander Skarsgård.
  • I got "Still Alice" yesterday at the library and cannot put it down.
  • I'm finishing up fat girl today by Judith Moore. It's a quick read, but a hard one to read by how she portrays herself. I'm also heading to a pool this afternoon and thought about bringing the first Emily Griffin book Something Borrowed ( I have all 4 ) or The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
  • Quote: I got "Still Alice" yesterday at the library and cannot put it down.
    I really enjoyed Still Alice.
  • I agree with To Kill a Mockingbird...love the book and the movie!

Currently reading Bitter is the New Black, actually just started it this morning.
  • I just started Middlemarch by George Eliot. I've only read three chapters, but it is very interesting.