walking goals/challenge

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Hi! I wanted to know if anyone set up walking goals? I have a long term goal of walking to Hawai. I right down the mileage that I walk everyday and track it on a map. I live in the middle of TX so my goal is to be in Roswell, NM by Christmas. It keeps me motivated. The map is by my treadmill. Also when I make it to Hawai I get to go their on vacation as a reward. Does anyone want to start a walking challenge? Like you set a goal to walk x amount of miles in a month and we can report our milage weekly. Let me know. Thanks!
  • Hi Jacksonmom.
    Sounds like a great idea to me! The 4-week weight challenge worked so well for me. Now if I can stay motivated to walk everyday. I have to think about what kind of goal I'll set myself. Unlike weekly weight loss you can make up your walking.

Jen
    238/233/140
  • I am so proud of myself
    Hey JacksonMom, I found you. Yeah I would like to join. I walk daily and I love it. Does stairclimbing count in your walk challenge? I just don't know how to tabulate the distance on the stairclimbing. I don't have a machine I workout on I just get out to the track and walk up and down the steps. Since starting my daily walking routine I have lost weight. So it will help in the next weight challenge.

When will it start? End? Who will set the goal? or will we set our own goals?

Thanks, Kinarina
  • The challenge will start today Mon. June 17 and will end on July 17 (31 days). If you PM me I will write up everyones goals and update it every Sun. If you don't walk you can still particiapte. You can guess or actually walk a mile and see how long it takes then do another exercise for the same time = 1 mile. For example 20 min. of aerobics = 1 mile. If you think of other ways to calculate feel free .

My goal is 42 miles.

Thanks to everyone who joins!

I've walked 1.5 miles today so I have 40.5 to go.
  • challenge
    So far these are the people who have joined. Others please join so we can really supoort each other. Let me know if I made an errors with your mileage. Thanks!

Jacksonmom 42 miles

Kina 40 miles

Nikathalia 40 miles

jen519 50 miles

short & sassy 65 miles

stef 72 miles

HeidiL 80 miles

Apple Blossom 48 miles

madtypist 80 miles

jello 25 miles
  • iwill do it. i walk to and from work everyday...id say that its about 1/2 a mile away. i guess thats a mile for today.my goal is to go 40 miles
  • come on everyone willing to loose a pound or more
    Exercise is a great and natural way to achieve your weight loss goal. I have been walking since June 2. I started at 214 I am down to 206.5 so I will say 207.

I am on my way out to the track now and I plan to atleast get 2miles in before the night is over. I usually get around the track 6 times then I go over to the stadium steps and go up and down 5 times each way, then I go over to these planks that one is going up and the other is going down I walk up and down those things another 5 times each way, then I come back home and workout to Denise Austin either abs or a buns workout. Which lasts for about 30 min. I do all this daily. Sometimes life gets in the way and I don't get all my workout in but I try to get something in daily. Because I have noticed my weight loss has been moving much easier since I started exercising daily or even at all.

Well let the challenge begin; GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY.

Thanks, Kinarina
  • Hi.
    My usual walk is 1.5 miles a day, but I'm about to add to it, so I''m going to set a goal of 50 miles for this month.

Jen
  • Hello ladies,

I'd love to join. I've been walking for a while, I'm just not consistent with it. So, I will gladly take the challenge and set my goal 65 miles. That is a little over 2 miles per day. Good luck everyone.

Ruth
    186/167/125
  • Way to go Short&Sassy as well as all the others. I hope the word gets around and we can all benefit from this.

Good thinking Jacksonmom. Should we tabulate at the end of the week and check in then or do you want our mileage daily? I will keep track here at the house. I don't think I will count up the workout with Denise Austin.

Well good luck to everyone and remember we all are winners as long as we don't give up.

Kinarina
  • Hi everyone! I'm so glad people are joining the challenge. I feel that you can ALWAYS have a BAD food day but NEVER a bad exercise day. One of the reason I wanted to start this challenge is because I sometimes get discouraged when the scale doesn't move as fast as I like and I'm more likely to give up. I find if I workout at least I'm doing something positive for me even if the scale doesn't show it. I'm planning to keep renewing the challenge every month for as long as there is an interest. You can post your mileage as often as you like. I will post a list of everyones progress weekly (Sun).
    Kina- You are exercising a lot. That is so motivating! I can't wait till I have the cardio endurance to do as much as you do. Right now I have to do 22 min. but I'm averaging 25 min. Yesterday I did a mile in under 19 min. YEAH!! I know many of you if not all can do a mile way faster than that. But I just started seriously exercising last Fri. and already improving my speed. I only do 22 min. this week then increase by 10% weekly. In the past I would jump in and start with doing 45 -60 min. then become so sore that I quit after a week. I have to remember that I didn't get out of shape overnight and I can't fix it overnight.
    For some of you who don't do the wt. . loss challenge I thought I would let you know there is one under the support thread. Gennel usually does it and the next one begings 6/21/02-7/21/02. Talk with you later. Keep movin!
  • Had a good workout did 1.6 miles! Just wanted to checkin. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Hey Jacksonmom. I did 2.5 miles yesterday evening. Tonight should be about the same. Jacksonmom if I get to 40 before the month is over I will raise my goal. But there are times when I can't get my walking in so that is why I said 40 as my goal.

You are going great yourself.

bye.Kinarina
  • Hi JacksonMom,

Count me in too please. I think I do 3.5 ish miles a day on 5 days of the week. I've just bought a pedometer so tomorrow I'll know for sure!

I'll set myself a goal of 18 miles a week and I'll post the weeks mileage on Fridays, if that's OK with you!
  • Stef I'll add you on I got 72 miles as your months total. If that's not right let me know. Yeah, no problem you can post on Fri. Glad you joined the challenge.