finally in the "teens"!!!

• Finally, finally, finally, I've bought my first pairs of size 18 jeans, shorts, skort, and swimsuit!

I can't believe how much cheaper it is to be able to shop in the "regular" sizes. I've even been able to find things at the thrift stores now, too! And, I can't believe how much less space my new clothes take up in my drawers.

I was actually able to get the swimsuit (a 2-piece tankini-type) at Walmart for really cheap and it actually fit in the chest - I had always had to have the plus-size suits altered because I was never well-endowed.

The sales lady at Walmart actually had to show me that I needed to start shopping in the regular section after I asked her if the plus sizes had recently "enlarged" because everything I tried on was toooooo big I still find myself looking in the plus-sizes for stuff, then remember I can go to something smaller
  • Great result!
  • Oh that is so awesome!!!!!! I love that having to be pointed to the "regular" section! And the thrift stores just get better as you keep losing I've discovered. The best clothes are always smaller sizes. And taking up less room in your drawers - I never thought of that benefit. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Congratulations! How exciting for you.
  • congrats! I took me awhile to remember to not look at the plus sizes also.
  • What an awesome step!
  • Quote: Finally, finally, finally, I've bought my first pairs of size 18 jeans, shorts, skort, and swimsuit!

I can't believe how much cheaper it is to be able to shop in the "regular" sizes. I've even been able to find things at the thrift stores now, too! And, I can't believe how much less space my new clothes take up in my drawers.

I was actually able to get the swimsuit (a 2-piece tankini-type) at Walmart for really cheap and it actually fit in the chest - I had always had to have the plus-size suits altered because I was never well-endowed.

The sales lady at Walmart actually had to show me that I needed to start shopping in the regular section after I asked her if the plus sizes had recently "enlarged" because everything I tried on was toooooo big I still find myself looking in the plus-sizes for stuff, then remember I can go to something smaller

I love this! I started shopping in them as my sizes were going down and I am sooo completely hooked. I am getting ready for summer camp now (one month of it) and went today and found Tommy Bahama shorts and Jones New York shorts and Gap Tshirts--all in very nice shape. I bought everything I needed for under $20!!! I did spring for a new swimsuit last week though. I found one at TJ Maxx for $30--Ralph Lauren with a matching coverup that is completely SO cute.

Last week I had purchased (gulp) a $100 suit and and $80 coverup. The longer I thought about it the less I wanted it so I returned it! In years past I always bought expensive ones thinking it would somehow compensate for the way I looked. As I look back in my photos that SO did NOT work. LOL.
  • YAY
    what an amazing feeling :]
  • Yay! That's so great!
  • Thank you all for the support! It really does feel great!
  • That is GREAT!!! Congrats to you!!!!!
  • What a terrific feeling!!! Gotta love the thrift stores...
  • Yay for you! Don't buy too many clothes, though, because you're still losing and you'll be down another few sizes in no time! In the meantime, enjoy the new size!
  • Congratulations! I can hardly wait to get into an 18!