I did it! 265 to 149

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • AWESOME!!!
    You must feel so happy!!! so happy for you!!

• God bless you and your fortitude to keep going to reach your goal! Your journey is totally admirable and you certainly have my congratulations and best wishes!
  • CONGRATS x100000!!!! YOU earned this and YOU deserve the pride! Such an inspiration!!! Good luck on maintenance!
  • Quote: Good for you!

I'm just starting out--similiar starting weight, and goal!

I'd love to hear more about it: your biggest challenge, your biggest breakthrough--and pics, if you're comfortable with that.

But hey--just the fact that you have done it is fantastic! Hooray! You are truly an inspiration. Thanks.
    Thanks Alana! My biggest challenge was probably me, my own head telling me I couldn't do it. I tend to be a negative thinker by nature so I've had to fight that. My biggest breakthrough was when my Mom was losing her battle with diabetes. I realized that I was having all the symptoms of the disease in my forties that she didn't develop until her sixties. I knew if I didn't do something about it I would die a lot younger than she did. It was no longer just a vanity issue, it meant my quality of life. I realized that I have control over this, I didn't have to be obese if I chose to take control of the situation. Rockin Robin has said this many times and it is sooooo true!
    It has come down to developing some strong, bull headed determination. I decided to stick to this new way of eating and exercise no matter what. I didn't do anything crazy, just count calories and 30 minutes of treadmill five days a week minimum. That's something I can stick to. I'd love to tone up and I think that is one of my next goals. I tried to figure out what was realistic for me as far as diet and exercise and stick to that. When I shoot too high then I get overwhelmed.
    I'll try to post some pictures, it didn't work for me when I tried a couple of days ago.
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm so happy if my story is inspiring to anyone. It really is possible to get the weight off. Now my challenge will be keeping it off, but we have some great maintainers here that prove it can be done.
  • Quote: Congrats H8Cake!! I remember you posting a thread not to long ago about how long it will take to lose the last 20lbs...how long did it take you? Did you make any changes to get rid of the last 20lbs? A year and a half to lose 116 lbs...I think that's just AWESOME!!! I needed some inspiration today so thanks and again CONGRATS!!!!
    Hi Daniela! You are doing so well, I peeked at your pictures and you look fabulous! It took almost four months to get the last twenty pounds off. I have some issues that made it slower I think. I'm in my mid forties, I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome, thyroid problems and diabetes in my family. I think I started a little low on my calorie restriction, too. I started losing by eating between 1,200 - 1,400 calories per day. I didn't want to drop lower than that when I got closer to goal, so it just came off slower. I do try to add some extra exercise in when I can, but that isn't always possible. I own my own business which takes a huge amount of time, so the 30 minutes five days a week is a challenge. It's non negotiable though, I've even been on that treadmill at one in the morning to get it in when I've had to.
    Thanks again for the compliments and you are an inspiration to me, it's been wonderful following your progress!
  • wow that's awesome!!!!! good for you!
  • Congratulations - you are such an inspiration. I can't wait to be at that point as well.
  • My goodness, that is just tremendous! Congratulations on your loss and thank you for providing inspiration for the rest of us.
  • Congratulations! You are an inspiration!
  • That is simply amazing!! I think you should deffinatly keep going if its comfortable for you and healthy! Great job!!
  • Quote: Hi Daniela! You are doing so well, I peeked at your pictures and you look fabulous! It took almost four months to get the last twenty pounds off. I have some issues that made it slower I think. I'm in my mid forties, I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome, thyroid problems and diabetes in my family. I think I started a little low on my calorie restriction, too. I started losing by eating between 1,200 - 1,400 calories per day. I didn't want to drop lower than that when I got closer to goal, so it just came off slower. I do try to add some extra exercise in when I can, but that isn't always possible. I own my own business which takes a huge amount of time, so the 30 minutes five days a week is a challenge. It's non negotiable though, I've even been on that treadmill at one in the morning to get it in when I've had to.
    Thanks again for the compliments and you are an inspiration to me, it's been wonderful following your progress!
    Hi H8cake, Thanks for the reply, the compliments and right back at you with being an inspiration Nice job on the commitment to yourself to get in the 30 min 5x a week, what dedication!! We can't all lose it super fast, what counts it that we keep at it and reach our goals. It get's scary sometimes when you start to loose at a slower rate, it's like you freek out and think okay that's it, I'm going to be stuck at xxx lbs. Especially when you get to a weight that you haven't been in years or if you get lower then you can ever remember. Have you thought about your maintence plans? What calorie level are you shooting for to maintain? Congrats again

Ohh and when are we going to see your pics
  • Way to go... Just the inspiration I needed.
  • Congratulations!! That's amazing.
  • Wow - you're amazing! Way to go!!
  • Congratz, truly inspirational story. We just have to take it one day at a time, and target one pound at a time.