Hello All

• Hello everyone my name is Cassandra I am starting my weight loss journey once again. I have been successful in the past by following the Atkins diet and was able to stay focused and work towards my goal. I recently lost my dad to cancer at the end of Feb and have had a hard time staying focused since then and have gained some weight back. I am now ready to start my journey again but will need some support in order to do so. I look forward to getting to know you all as we share in our weight loss journey together.

Cassandra
  • Hi Cassandra! My heart goes out to you for the loss of your dad. When I lost my mom it was really hard. The good news is that you have come to a wonderful place to find support and new friends! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Hi Cassandra,

I'm pretty new to the forum, but have got losts of support - it's a good place to be.

Best of Luck, and Welcome
  • Hi Cassandra, welcome to the community!

It's great to hear that you're ready to start on your journey again, just take it one day at a time.
  • I am pretty new too, have found this site very helpful so far xx
  • Hi Cassandra and welcome.

Have you found the Atkins threads?
  • Hi Cassandra and

Sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father to heart disease in February 2006 and, since I tend to be an emotional eater, focusing on weight loss during that time was out of the question. Just wasn't going to happen. I've done Atkins successfully in the past, but gained the weight back when I went back to my "normal" way of eating. It's a good plan, but it truly does need to be a lifestyle change to be effective over the long haul. Whatever plan you use, I wish you great success!