How long till I see inches lost?

• Just wondering, how long till you all started seeing actual inch loss? and how many pounds until I go down a pants size?..I want to see physical results, not just numbers on the scale lol!

Ps- there is a good chance I wrote this partially to see my TICKER!! woohoo lol..I waited 20 days for this bad boy ..ain't she a beauty?
  • My guess is that its different for everyone. I know that when the scale isn't moving for me, I like to pull out the tape measure, because even if you''re not losing weight on the scale, your shape can still change. Congrats on the ticker, lol!! It is a beaut!!
  • I drop a size at about 15 pounds lost.
  • I started out at close to your height/weight, maybe 25 or so lbs heavier. I was a 30 top and 32 bottom. My pants started falling down at around 40 lbs lost; I skipped 30 jeans and went straight to 28s at that point. Took me about 5-6 weeks to get there. Since then, I have steadily been losing a size about every 6 weeks, and am now down to an 18.

We are all different ~ we also all lose weight differently. I lose in the middle first, arms/legs later. I also am fairly small/dense for my weight because I have a lot of muscle. I tell you what though, when you go down that first size, CELEBRATE because it is going to FEEL GREAT!!!!!!
  • I lost about 20 before my pants were really loose.
  • My pants are loose now, but not enough to go down a size. I suspect I won't change sizes until around 215 or so. I measure once a month just to see where I am and that's good enough for me. I have a ghetto booty anway and not a lot has happened in the thigh area, but I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and booty.
  • Quote: Ps- there is a good chance I wrote this partially to see my TICKER!! woohoo lol..I waited 20 days for this bad boy ..ain't she a beauty?

Isn't it grand when you first get one! It's really different for everyone. I lost about 30 or so lbs before I could drop a size.... Now it seems I lost between 5-10 and I drop a size... I literally have been buying new pants every month since about December now, who knew weight lose was such an expensive habit! I think the bigger you are, the more lbs you have to lose to see an inch or a size... As you begin to get smaller, for me it was under 180 lbs, you will literally lose a size with every 5-10 that you drop... Be glad they don't go down as quickly in the beginning, cause like I said, it gets really annoying buying new pants & literally wearing them for a month & then handing them over to friends or family... My sister was loving the weight loss, she was receiving all the pants I grew too small for until I got down to a 14, now she is too big to accept my hand me downs... maybe it will kick start her on her own weight loss journey, to accept more new clothes.
  • I'm glad you asked this question! It's something I wonder as well. And, I'm waiting for my ticker!! They're exciting. Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • Quote: I have a ghetto booty anway and not a lot has happened in the thigh area, but I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and booty.
    aint life grand? im with shia on this one-it takes awhile for my thighs/derriere to go down enough for me to really go down a size
  • I didn't track size at the beginning, but I know that around 20 pounds lost I had to buy an entire new wardrobe as I didn't have one single thing that even came close to fitting. So hang in there, and next thing you know you'll be amazed at the progess you'll see.

Here's a little Veggie Dance for luck!
  • bite-lol..I didn't realize we were so much alike!
  • That depends on how much you exercise, how tight your clothes were when you started, how tall you are. There is no one size fits all answer on this one.