Super Low Calorie, Low Sodium, Low Carb! (YUMMY TOO)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I like the bean sprouts that you use in Chinese food for a pasta substitute. I can always find them in my grocery.
  • My Kroger has them right in the produce section, where they have bean sprouts and tofu.

I like them but actually prefer spaghetti squash. These are a little too soft for my taste and I don't mind the harder texture of spaghetti squash.
  • Quote: I've seen shirataki noodles in very few regular stores but Whole Foods carries them and asian markets will sometimes carry them. They need to be refrigerated. In Whole Foods, they are near the tofu.
    I'll tell ya this--- they are not in Trader Joe's......I'll try whole foods.
  • I was just back East visiting family and I saw them in Publix.
  • I found them at my SuperTarget last week. They were in produce right next to Tofu. If any of you are in DFW, Marketstreet has them too. My farmer's market is also carrying them now.

I pay $1.50 a package for them.
  • Also wanted to mention a recipe.

Last week I melted fat-free cream cheese with chicken broth to make a sauce. I sauteed brocolli and then mixed everything in including the noodles. This was very, very tasty. It was very much like alfredo. You could add chicken if you like.

Ladies, if you try them--rinse them extremel well in your drainer. Turn them out onto a clean hand towel and squeeze the hooey out of them.