im new and have 131 lbs to lose

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hi folks

Im going for a walk today with my new mp3. it helps. I have been tracking my food intake calories I ate to much last night but I had salad with lowfat dressing and 1 cookie. I am glad that I ate the salad or it would have been the whole box of cookies...anyway Im starting a new day today and looking forward to positive results.
  • Hi and welcome!

Enjoy your walk and don't go Too Low on the calories - it doesn't help!!
  • welcome! you have come to the right place for support. This board is amazing. I look forward to hearing about your journey.
  • Welcome! I don't post much here anymore, but saw your post and wanted to welcome you to the 100 Lb. Club.

One of the things that many of us have discovered is that we need to rid our houses of "trigger" foods. Perhaps you can start the day by dumping the cookies out so that you won't be tempted. However, moderation does work for some (not me, unfortunately). As you start losing, you'll figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

Have fun on your walk and post often!
  • Hi and welcome to a fabulous place for advice, support and encouragement.

I'm with the very wise Sheila on this one. Rid thy house of thy junk. You can't eat it if it's not there. That's all there is to it. SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS. Get rid of your "trigger" foods. But make sure to ADD in lots of wholesome, delicious foods, so that you have what to eat. PLAN out your meals and snacks IN ADVANCE. Having a plan in place is essential IMO. Eating healthy just won't happen on it's own. So therefore I rely heavily on planning.

Losing weight and a lot of it is a doable thing. Get excited about the changes you are going to make as you transform your life. I look forward to hearing lots more from you.
  • Great advice from Rockin' Robin--just like always.

Welcome. You can absolutely do this. You have found a treasure trove of answers and support here at 3FC.
  • Yep. Ditch the cookies. For now... maybe forever. Sugar is a HUGE trigger for me so i only have foods in the house that I can eat (except for foods that I HATE and the kids like... animal crackers for instance.)

Welcome welcome to the 100 club! I think you'll like it here. And enjoy your walk!!!

PS: try not to look at it as you have 131 lbs to lose... I had 226 lbs to lose!!!! And well you've seen me around the school and know how far I've come. It's so doable my friend
  • Welcome!
  • welcome The ladies have given you great advice!
  • &
  • Welcome
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome! I am just starting too (day 5) and I have 200 pounds to lose. We can do it!
  • Welcome!!!
  • Hi there!!

Welcome to 3FC and congratulations on getting started on your "journey," heh! Hope to see you posting frequently 'round these parts in the coming days/weeks/months/whatever! Haha.