Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days

• is this possible
  • Not safely... Even if you do drop that much it'll all be water weight and come straight back on.
  • A pound is like 3500 or 3600 calories - you have to reduce by that much to lose a lb. I guess you'd already have to be eating that much more every day OVER your sustaining calories. I agree with ValRock that if you did it it would be water weight. The only way I would suggest trying it would be "healthy" detox diet. Raw fruits and veggies, etc. Not a fad thing - like only grapefruit. More of a holistic flush. Don't NOT eat - just choose clean foods that help your body flush toxins. A good nutritionist can help with that. Just INMO and what do I know? I just do it the slow and old-fashioned way of counting calories and happy with my lb a week!
  • Sure, if you dehydrate. It isn't permanent, over 10 days...
    Kira
  • Lose 10 lbs. - yes.
    Lose 10 lbs. of FAT - no.

My personal opinion is that any diet with this type of promise should be avoided.

What you are going for is a long-term, sustainable loss.
  • Whatever you decide, be careful. 10lbs in 10 days is possible, you see it on shows like The Biggest Loser... but they are supervised by a medical staff and HAVE YOU SEEN what they do everyday, day in and day out?
  • Yeah...I did that once, and by day 12, I had regained about 8 of them.
  • Well, to be fair, it is possible (see: the biggest loser). However, it's not probable or healthy. If you'll use the biggest loser as an illustration, you'll notice that it takes about 8-10 hours of working out a day (with a great trainer!) plus limited calories- all of this in a controlled environment. With this, there's also a huge chance of gaining the weight back when the exercise levels decrease.

Losing 10 pounds in a month is a great achievement, and it's more likely you'll keep it off.
  • ha.... I think you will share something.. but only ask....