Hiyas peoples!

• Hiyas from Sunny Florida! This site looks awesome and I'm glad it's forum-based as I tend to get addicted to forums... that should be good for weight-loss, right?

So, it's definitely time for a change. It's been time for a change since I graduated high school in 1997. I've been gaining weight steadily since I graduated, and was at my heaviest a couple of months ago at 260. I've tried various diets over the years. I've succeeded, in the short term. Logically, I know what I need to do. My main problem is emotional-eating, though. Logic goes out the window when I'm depressed or angry or lonely. I have no idea what to do, so I need help! I don't even know where to start.

This is the first step in changing my life, changing the way I think and react to things. I'm not exactly sure how to progress and I'm hoping to find a few mentor/friends for mutual support.

I am way too intelligent, way too nice, way too loving, way too fabulous to let food and my emotions control me. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

<3,
    ~Shannon/Nonnahs/Shannanigans

• Welcome Shannon!

It sounds like you're ready for a permanent change in your life. We're happy to have you. There is a forum here just for emotional eating and depression issues you may want to check out. Everyone is supportive and they give some awesome advice.

Good luck with everything!
  • Welcome Shannon. Get down to your library or over to Amazon.com and get a copy of "The Thin Books". Sounds like we need to work on your mind as well as your body. You can do this!
  • Quote:

Welcome Shannon!

It sounds like you're ready for a permanent change in your life. We're happy to have you. There is a forum here just for emotional eating and depression issues you may want to check out. Everyone is supportive and they give some awesome advice.

Good luck with everything!
    Thanks Starry! I'm definitely seeing that.
    I see you are a self-ascribed Gamer Goddess, hooray for Gamer Girls!!! There are far too few of us, imho.
  • Quote: Welcome Shannon. Get down to your library or over to Amazon.com and get a copy of "The Thin Books". Sounds like we need to work on your mind as well as your body. You can do this!
    I actually ordered that book yesterday based on a post I read somewhere about emotional eating. I can't wait to get it. Thanks for the welcome!

I keep telling myself that, too: "I can do it!"
  • Welcome to the community!