Anyone leave their husband?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • savora...i have three daughters....what you are doing is sending a very positive message to your teenagers...they see that no one needs to stay in a bad situation...you are empowering them as well as yourself...best wishes and congratulations on your decision....stay strong!!
  • Savora, my thoughts are with you today and I hope you have a fantastic, stress-free move.

And I really hope this thread serves as a reminder that NOONE should stay in an abusive situation -- female OR male.

Kira
  • well i am officially moved in and have internet now, yea..... he called me over to cut his hair last night (i'm a hair stylist) anyways... he was being extremely nice, but i'm still staying strong and i signed a lease for two years instead of one, just to make sure! i have my little puppy here for all the lovin i need, he is a sweetheart.... thanks again everyone, hope all is going good for everybody!
  • I'm glad to see your post, Savora. I was wondering how you were doing! I'm glad to hear that things are going well.
  • Woohoo, congrats Savora!

My mum left my dad after 35 years of marriage and even though all us kids were grown up and out of home, it made a big difference to all our relationships!
  • This was not the same situation as you are in...but I did lose around 50 pounds after I broke up with a guy I dated for four years. We lived together so it was a serious relationship. It was so much easier to restructure my way of eating once I restructured my life, especially by getting rid of the thing that was making me the most unhappy in my life.
  • Get out. You can do it. If you ever think about going back just recall all the suffering you've endured at his hands and how much more misery he would love to put you through. My bestfriend left her mentally and physically abusive longtime boyfriend about 2 years ago. She has lost close to 70 pounds since.
  • If he was mentally and physically abusive maybe you need to cut off all contact. Most abusers try to be sweet and considerate to get you back where they want you.
  • Hi,

I had to write. I was in an abusive relationship that turned out to be the cause of my weight gain; all the stress and guilt. It ended over four years ago but I have not been able to get rid of all the weight yet; only because of my own laziness. Now, I am determined to lose the only reminder of I have of that dark time: my extra pounds.
    They always try to come back and seem really sweet. I feel for it once and realized a month later that he had not changed but I had; I was smarter. I know that you can do it. Think of what a wonderful new, safe life and example you are setting for you daughters.
    I wish you all the best, stay strong.
    If you ever want to send me a message, love to hear from you!
  • My wife ran off and left me and our at the time 9 year old daughter.

It turned out to be the best thingthat ever happened to me. After my doldrums I decided I would make this a change for the good.

I lost a ton of weight (but unfortunately gained it all back but it took 10 years! LOL) changed careers, starting doing all the things I ever dreamed of one of them ended up being my career.

You are starting a new chapter in your life and YOU are the author of what is going to be written in it. How exiciting!