Tips for a Beginning Runner?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I can jog for maybe 30-45 seconds and I feel like I'm about to die... so I go back to a walk and it takes a minute or so for my breath to not be labored anymore.
    That's OK, that's normal! I was *exactly* like that when I started C25K. I mean, I knew I was out of shape, but I did not expect 60 seconds to be so hard. But that's ancient history now, and will be for you too
  • Quote: That's OK, that's normal! I was *exactly* like that when I started C25K. I mean, I knew I was out of shape, but I did not expect 60 seconds to be so hard. But that's ancient history now, and will be for you too
    That makes me feel a lot better... my husband went with me this morning... and he'd jog when I was ready to jog... we live in a neighborhood that has a "circle" dont really know what the distance is... but he's like "I could jog the whole way." Ugh, that made me feel so out of shape... he's got a belly, but he trains horses for a living, so he uses his body all day long, whereas I sit at a desk all day every day.
    I did feel better when we got back home and I was stretching... he couldnt even get his fingers past his shins ... I was touching the ground. And he acted like it was killing him.. I said "finally something I'm better than you at!" lol!