I'm 20-something...I think I will join ya'll

• Ever since I joined 3FC, I just read everything I see and post wherever speaks to me. I could fit into so many groups, since I am 23, WAS over 300 lbs. (won't be tomorrow when I weigh), and have over a hundred lbs to lose. So that gave me the right to fit in and be in all different crowds. But at the same time, I see some of the bonds you guys have developed (and in other support groups) and am slightly jealous. So I would like to try to stay in one place more and hopefully develop a bond with some of you guys!

A little history: I have been at this since December 9, 2008 and have lost 50 lbs exactly. I just graduated college in December and have a pretty good job as a tax accountant for aircraft owners. I am engaged to my perfect guy and have been since last May and we will probably elope somewhere this summer since I don't want to plan a wedding. Ummm...that's about it. I look forward to getting to know you guys!
  • welcome tifftiff! glad to have you!!! what sort of food/exercise plan have you been doing? sounds like you are doing awesome so far!
  • I am counting calories. I aim for 1200 and actually achieve anywhere from 800 to 1800 calories a day. I work out at a minimum of 4 days a week. Of course there have been weeks I haven't gotten any in, but I get it in most of the time. I do lots of cardio, usually an hour each trip to the gym on the elliptical or treadmill. We just started a weight training circuit at the gym which we will be doing 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Man, my arms are sore from that!

I also forgot to mention that my fiance was doing this with me and he has lost a whopping 90 lbs so far!
  • I feel the same way here - that I can fit into so many groups, and just kind of hop around, but dont have a real bond with anyone here yet - and I think that is so helpful.

Anyway, glad to see you here, and hope you have continued success!
  • Welcome! I'm new here too and looking to bond as well. Sounds like you are off to a great start on your weight loss journey. Keep it up!
  • Welcome Tiff and CONGRATS on what you have achieved so far.... That is wonderful... Tell your Fiance i said CONGRATS to him as well for losing the 90 pounds.. You are both on the right path and i wish you much success and happiness along your journey.. if you ever need someone to chat with PM me and we can keep on track together.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
  • Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work! I also just recently started posting here since I noticed a similar thing about these forums. Welcome!