What yummy in season produce do you have in your fridge?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I love when it starts to get nice out!! Mainly I love all the yummy seasonal produce that is so available and cheap right now! In my fridge there is

strawberries
    blueberries
    raspberries
    pineapple
    corn on the cob

I never thought I'd be excited about fruits and veggies! lol
  • Haha I have almost the same things! I live in CA so everything is in season though..

Strawberries
    Squash
    Zucchini
    cauliflower
    oranges
    apples
    celery
    romaine lettuce
    white corn

That's all I can think of for right now...
  • asparagus
  • I've got a huge fruit salad with watermelon, strawberries, grapes, and cantaloupe and I also have:

artichokes
    asparagus - huge!!
    broccoli
    jicama
    cucumbers
    and misc. lettuce, etc.
  • Jicama? what is it and how do you cook it?
  • Yum jicama..i eat droves of it..

Peel it and eat it raw! It is pronounced Hickamah if you go to buy it.
  • Living in the northeast US, nothing local is in season yet .
  • Quote: Yum jicama..i eat droves of it..

Peel it and eat it raw! It is pronounced Hickamah if you go to buy it.
    Yeah, I always have a bucket of it in my fridge all peeled, cut up and ready to go. A little lime juice and chili powder makes it even yummier!
  • things are greening up, but there's nothing local yet, except maybe fiddle heads. but even those would be early.

isolde, ontarian
  • Asparagus is almost here... or maybe it is by now... I'm going to the farmer's market this weekend for sure!

I bought some strawberries yesterday that are from California. I HATE buying produce from so far away, but they looked sooo good and were on sale. That's my dessert tonight.
  • We've had two meals with fresh garden asparagus so far. Snow peas are climbing the trellis, radishes are up, and should be able to make the first cutting on the lettuce this weekend. mmmm! But nothing, oh NOTHING, compares to that first fresh tomato of the year ...
  • Strawberries! In fact I am going to mske a protein shake in a few minutes including fresh strawberries.!
  • Angie and I shopped at our produce market on Sunday before church, picking up...

Strawberries & blueberries

Watermelon & cantaloupe

Jicama

Asparagus

Avocado

Tomatoes and lettuce

Cilantro

Apples

now, if she can just get me to "balance" my diet....
  • i'm not sure what's in season around these parts yet. haven't been to my farmer's market in ages.maybe this weekend if the weather's nice.
    but produce in the fridge includes:
    broccoli rabe
    brussel sprouts
    romaine lettuce
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    apples
    celery

really need to get on this stuff before it all goes bad. it's already been there for over a week.
  • The only thing in season here is:

Morel mushrooms, (have a ton of them in the fridge)
    Asparagus in the garden needing to be cut again.
    Spinach and spring lettuce in the garden needing to be picked again.
    Winter onions in the garden needing to be pulled.

I've been spending hours hiking for mushrooms that I have neglected my garden. Better get out there. We had an awesome spinich salad for supper Sunday...YUMMM, but had to buy strawberries from CA and the Oranges from TX.