Alternachicks 3

You're on Page 17 of 19
Go to
  • quick fly by....things are crazy here today, but COUNT ME IN!!!!

hmm... sept 15... i'm gonna put in for 15lbs gone by then... i can do this. we can do this. *nods*

*nibbles everyone and poofs*

• Hey my dears. Hope you all are having a good day. I hesitate to say this but I know that this support system will only work if I'm honest so...I have to confess that I'm a bit pms and last night after I posted and went and ate two entenmann's donuts and some torilla chips with some cheddar cheese on them. It was a small binge...came and went...and I'm moving on...sorry I had a temporary glitch but I'm back on track. Today has been a good one food wise.

I'm really glad Ellis that you encouraged me to do 10 minutes of exercise today. Every little bit counts and it doesn't take much to get started on the right track. The guys are here finishing up our kitchen...can you believe they are finished. There is one cabinet still on order which should be here next week.

They are saying that the repair to our framing and foundation won't take more than two days, they are planning to do it Monday and Tuesday while we are at the shore.

I got off track but what I wanted to say was when the guys leave I plan to do an exercise video...even if I only get in 10 minutes I'm going to do it.

So, thanks for the encouragement and for hearing my true confession.

Glad you are joining us Shel !!!!!

Love. Soozie

ps Chris, our log cabin is really old. This community used to be a vacation area and these cabins were built for summer use only, hence all the weird problems with the original structure. It was built in the 40's I think, I have the exact date somewhere, I'll have to go check it out and let you know. The house was owned by a guy who worked for Sears and he covered every inch of the interior walls with light weight ugly Sears wood paneling. The outside is covered with wide plank Cedar siding. So, except for the roof line and the front porch supports and rails there are no visible logs.

When we had our bedroom redone five years ago we stripped off the paneling and had the room drywalled. When the paneling was down we could see that they had even planed down some of the wider logs when they slapped up the paneling. The logs could be restored but it would be a major job. The chinking would have to be redone and all of the electrical lines would have to be rerun in the chinking, etc.

Some day we will probably refurbish the great room. It is a living room that you walk into when you come in the house, with a cathedral ceiling and a large stone fire place. For now I'm going to wallpaper over some of the paneling in that room just to lighten it up.

Oh well, now you know the whole darn history.
  • I hope that everyone is having a better day than I am! This is one of those that I feel like if I could just cry I may feel better...it is either cry or rip someones head off!
    Work started off bad with an arguement with a co-worker! I can't stand back stabbing trying to get ahead! If she put the effort in doing a good instead of working to bad talk me she would be better off! I feel like we are 2 kids competing for our Dad's (our boss) attention! Frankly he is good boss, but I am not that fond of him as a person, so she can have him all she wants!

Ok & have I complained about my inlaws lately? Let's start with the wicked MIL calling at 8am, to ask me if we are coming Sunday. We are, BIL & SIL are going to tell them about the baby, but we hadn't told her yet that we were. Then she says "you don't need to worry about bringing anything, I am sure that Jeff & the kids are needing some real food about now" OK first of all, I may be eating light, but they are still having what they normally eat anyway, so they aren't suffering in the least, & what it has to be fried, unhealthy, & full of calories to be real food? Besides my kids are now preferring all the fresh fruits instead of the normal junk when offered a treat after supper! THEN my SIL who had been pretty supportive of everything called to see what size I am wearing. I have a business trip in a month that I need business clothes & dresses for an entire week, we are casual at work normally. I told her an 8, (really a 10- an 8, but I am hoping that in a month it will be a solid 8) She says...exact words mind you..." I only have 2 suits in an 8, that I bought during a really fat period last fall. I just said "OH thanks" Why I didn't blast her is beyond me! Besides who is she kidding? First of all 3 years ago when she was at least 10-20 pounds lighter, she was in an 8. Does she think that I don't see her? Plus MIL keep reinforcing how she is an 8, I happen to know SIL has to be a good size or 2 above that, since she is bigger & they are the same height.

OK I feel better now! Sorry for having to put everyone through that! I think that I will treat myself to a skinny cow ice cream sandwich, & go veg with the TV! (If you haven't found skinny cow ice cream look for it! It is very good, Ice cream sandwichs, bigger than your typical popsicle type sandwich for only 130 calories. THey also have sundae cups, with ice cream & either fudge or strawberry topping for only 100 calories, very yummy, & a great light treat!)

Soozie, our Log Home is the modern version, no visable chinking, although DH loves that & would have chosen that style had I let him, just a little too rustic for me. The exterior though is a lot of upkeep. every 2-3 years we have to wash it with a bleach solution to strip & clean the wood, & then have to restain. I like it most of the time, except when it is time to start that, and I do get tired sometimes of all the wood inside too. I would love to walpaper something!

Hello to everyone else & hope that you all have a good weekend, I will be back later when I am not steaming!
    Have a good night everyone!
  • juat a quick drive by -
    I am in on the Sept. 15th challenge. I wanted to lose 12lbs. (to get down to 150) by Aug. 30th, but I am thinking Sept will be slightly more realistic. I am at 162 this morning.

Now get out and excerise!!!! I am going to Wingstock (something like 20 area restaurants & bars serving chicken wings, yum) so the diet will be completely blown, but oh well.

<-I cannot tell you how much I love this new guy.

squeak
  • Lotta sweat today working in the kitchen, no structured exercise though. Tomorrow supposed to go to the shore to visit friends, two women who have a little girl two years younger than our daughter, very dear friends of ours. I don't really feel like going, feel like getting house in order so I can feel sane. May just send kid and partner. And then go to beach as a family next weekend when house is in one piece. So ready to not have boxes everywhere and dust everywhere....

This challenge is really helping me. I actually think about you guys when I go to eat something. You're right here with me evaluating the decision. Also I just don't want to fink out and let you all down. So, thanks for the motivation. I'm glad you're joining us too Squeak.

Hope all is well ladies. Talk to you tomorrow. Soozie
  • Hi All!!!

Okay, you shamed me into it. I'll join too, but I'm only willing to commit to DOING it right now. Every time I set a weight goal I blow it, so that makes me really nervous. So......I WILL LOSE SOME WEIGHT BY SEPTEMBER 15th!!!
    (Any significance to September 15?)

Hey! We all had a great time at the Rock and Roll Museum, the kids already want to go back!!! I'll give you more details later.
  • welcome back, Dentrassi!!

Gotta go and lose weight... back later.
    xo
  • Hello Ladies! I can't remember if I repiled to the challenge or not, but I am up to it, I want to be at/or below goal by Spet. 15. I only have 7 pounds to get there, so I really want to be below that. But now that I have gotten to just 10 more to go, it is harder & harder to get the scale to budge! So I am setting my sights a little low on this one! Anyway I am all for that! Are we going to keep track of our own stats? Or do we want to designate someone? I don't mond, just have no clue on how to post it!

Soozie, did you go to the beach? You should have! That kitchen will be there tomorrow, just as same as it is today!

Well I have to finish looking through my closet to see what else I can get rid of! I found the shorts that I wore to our rehearsal dinner 11 years ago. THEY FIT! OK, tummy still needs a little work, but with some of those granny tummy sucker underpants they would work! Besides then I hadn't carried 2 giant babies in that tummy, a little jiggle should be expected!
  • Hi! Would the Alternachicks like to have a forum? It would also be nice to incorporate the Alternative group from the Support forum.

Please PM me with any input, good or bad

Thanks!
  • Providing I can still say, "****" and "damn" once in a while, it's okay with me.
  • *blinks* a forum? for us?

THEY LIKE US! THEY REALLY LIKE US!! *dancies*

count me in!

• Evening Fabulous Femmes!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I got most of my cleaning and laundry done and now I only have to figure what to wear on my trip and pack! 7days to my holiday

I just read Suzanne's post, how I am up for it, how about the rest of you Alternachickies? Ellis and Shel did you Pm your answer or did you just post it here?

Hope everyone is doing well. Is anyone else up for the September 15th challenge? BTW I think Soozie accidentally started the challenge by saying that she wanted to lose 11lbs by September 15th, then Christina said that she wanted to lose by September 14, her daughter's birthday, that of course provoked me into opening my big mouth and chiming " yeah! lose by September 15th", see what you started Sooze!

Ellis, how is the Tae Bo coming along? You know, I have all 3 of Billy Blank's tapes and haven't done them for over a year
    Maybe I'll dust off the tapes and have another go at them!

I was going through a box of photos and cards on Saturday when I found some cards from our wedding. One of my friends had written a quote on the card she gave us. I liked it and thought I would share it with you:

Who is a Success?

That people are a success who have lived well, laughed often and loved much;
    who have gained the respect of intelligent people and the love of children;
    who have filled their niches and accomplished their tasks;
    who leave the world better than they found it;
    whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
    who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it;
    who looked for the best in others and gave the best they had.

(Robert Louis Stevenson)
  • Good Morning Chickies! UGH...The first day of another long week! How do I find a job that pays me for 40 hours, but I only have to work Tuesday & THursday? Course when I find that I am sure that magic diet cure will be just around the corner, guess I won't hold my breath! Daughter was saying that she did not feel good when she went to bed, she wasn't up at all during the night, but I am kind of hoping she mentions it this morniing, then we can stay home together & sleep! (I know bad Mommy, I am not saying I want her to be sick, just maybe mention it & then be fine by 9 AM, once we get more sleep!) Ok I guess that I better get moving! Have a good day everyone & drink your water!
  • Hey darlings

Mauvais, that RLS quote is lovely... thank you for sharing it with us.
    Yeah, get out your Tai Bo tapes. I feel so good when I'm doing it. (okay, I feel like I'm gonna die, but I feel good afterwards)
    It's very empowering for a woman knowing the correct way to kick and punch.
    Yes, Soozie started THE CHALLENGE on another thread. I'm doing it, too. And a sweetie named Kat. (there are a lot of Kat's around here) I just don't want to talk about it too much, because then I'll screw it up. But I'm in!!

Chris, I hope your daughter is okay. I mean, I hope she's REALLY okay, but that she's a little queasy for a brief moment while you call in sick to work.
    Hey, it's a mental health day! We all need them.

Den, get your butt in here and tell us all about your holiday. How's your toe?

And where the heck is everyone, anyhow?!?!

xoxo
  • Bllllleeeeeeccccccchhhhhh!
    The darn Fair is over - now I get my life back - little bits back anyhow. I have to shovel throught the financial manure and write a few reports for the end of August. Then close the books Sept 30, prepare the Annual Report and I'm off!!!!!
    A forum of our very own? See what you started Mauvais?
    I swear this calls for DIM SUM!