So Proud of Myself

• Ok so I am not trying to sound like i am stuck on myself or anything but I know most of us get excited when we do something pertaining to weight loss.

I am so proud of myself because I did'nt give in to temptation at all this week.. I went to a baseball game and didnt give in, kids and hubby ate McDonalds and i got a bottle of water and then came home and ate. lady at the bank gave our son M and M's and i didnt even sneek one!!!!!

I am finally realizing that I can do this. It is such a giantic step for me to be able to not give in to foods that I have always loved and ate!!!

I just had to share this with everyone because i feel like i am SO on my way to doing what i finally need to do and that is eat right and lose the weight!!

Have a great weekend all
  • Dont you feel great after you turn down something that before you could never? I love that feeling! Grats!
  • well that's awesome, good for you..... it's nice to be able to resist!
  • That's so awesome! Great job! I managed to eat really well this week too.. and last night I had this dream that I was eating m&m's and junk food and subconsciously I was like noooooooooo. I woke up and was so relieved it didn't really happen LOL. I guess my subconscious misses sweets more than I really do. hahaha.
  • Wow, that is so awesome!! Well done! Reading over this post just put a big smile on my face, because for some reason it reminded me really strongly of when I was just starting out in losing weight--I hope that is not an offensive thing to say or anything cuz I mean it as a compliment!! It's just that I am so thrilled for because you have such a big, exciting journey ahead of you, and I can sense your surge of determination right through my computer screen (hehe) and it's so invigorating! WTG on having one of those moments when you really feel your own power, and for knowing that you CAN do this--and for the record, I 100% agree.

Oh, and IMHO you should never feel bad about celebrating any kind of victory on 3FC--we know better than anyone that every little step amounts to miles and miles of progress, and you need to grasp on tightly to every individual feeling of triumph, because in the end that's what will keep you going!
  • Absolutely you should share those things! Hearing that other people have withstood temptation and feel good about it inspires me to do better throughout my daily barrage of temptation. Congratulations and keep it up!
  • Thanks everyone!! I appreciate your kind words.. It means alot to me!!
  • Yay for you!!!
  • I thought the part mentioning sneaking m&ms from your son was super cute, hehe. But GOOD FOR YOU!!!! It feels SO good when we can actually SEE how our progress is..well.. progressing. So often we get caught up in the image in the mirror, but after seeing ourselves daily - we can't tell things are really changing or that they're really different - which is really UNmotivating. But having the life differences you're making brought to your attention is really great! I hope you hold on to that feeling for a long time!
  • Awesome, Shannon!
  • Congrats! I would imagine that knowing you can resist those temptations by actually doing it would be a great motivator to keep it up. And don't worry about sounding like you are stuck on yourself...you should be proud and share. I find it inspirational.

Now, I should try going a week without Dr. Pepper...that's my biggest obstacle. lol