Favorite meal?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I made my favorite dinner tonight so it got me thinking about this. Since I am always on a quest to find good good, what is everyone's favorite meal...breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Tonight I made buffalo burgers with caramelized onions on a bed of lettuce and spinach with black beans and cauliflower on the side (would have been better with asparagus but forgot I had some). 511 calories, lots of vitamins, low fat.
  • I'm eating one of my favorite dinners tonight...

'Taco' salad
    Chopped romaine
    Chopped tomatoes
    Chopped cucumber
    Diced jalapeno
    Homemade beans, warmed up
    Salsa

I didn't know I was going to want this tonight or else I would've bought avocado to go with it. Chopped bell peppers is also really good with it and green onions as well.
  • i was just thinking about what to have for dinner tomorrow...
    which will probably be salmon w/ broccoli over whole wheat pasta and pesto.

favorite breakfast: oatmeal and berries, apple or banana
    favorite lunch: salad in pita pocket w/ hummus
    favorite dinner: whole wheat pasta or brown rice with veggie chili
    favorite snack: trail mix
  • I just ate my favorite dinner, Pita Pizzas. It's fairly high carbs but overall, low calorie and 23 grams of protein!

2 pita rounds
    Tomato Sauce
    Cooked Ground Turkey
    Mozzerella Cheese
    Black Olives
    Mushrooms

Just make little pizzas! Two is quite overfilling so I tend to save some for the next day. My husband loves them, he tries to eat healthy with me. Even my family, who hates healthy food, likes them.

Good news for calorie counters. Two little pizzas is 468 Calories!
  • Chicken fajita's

whole wheat tortilla
    cup cooked chicken breast with chipoltle seasoning from Mrs. Dash
    all the veggies
    sour cream and viola! Yum in a wrap
  • Just finished my new favorite dinner:
    Jennie-o turkey burger
    Trader Joe's whole wheat bun
    Lil bit of cheese
    A1 steak sauce
    Mustard
    Lettuce
    Onion...but I was out tonight

I had it with a side of green beans and snow peas.

One of my other favs is ground turkey tacos - lots of lettuce, onion, salsa...lite on the cheese.

Fav Lunch:
    Chicken stir fried with Brocolli, edamame, carrots, water chesnuts, onions (not necessarily all each time), lil bit of teryaki.

Fav Breakfasts:
    Eggs white scrambled with bell peppers and onions
    Egg while omelet with spinach, onion, feta
    Oatmeal with raisins, apples or coconut

Looking forward to hearing other good ideas.
  • My favorite is a recipe shared by my friend Jaime. I absolutely adore Butternut squash and black bean tacos. Yum Yum! I think I'll plan these for this weekend.
  • Favourite Brekkie- wholemeal muslie flakes, peach and mango yoghurt and a banana chopped up. I crave it every second of the day!

Lunch- Megagrain toast with avocado and baked beans

Dinner- egg white omelette with ham tomatoe spinach and low fat cheese
  • Quote: My favorite is a recipe shared by my friend Jaime. I absolutely adore Butternut squash and black bean tacos. Yum Yum! I think I'll plan these for this weekend.
    Recipe please!!!
  • Quote: Recipe please!!!
    Sure! Here you go.

(14-oz.) can black beans, drained
    Juice from a large fresh lime
    1-2 garlic cloves, minced
    cayenne pepper, if desired for heat
    olive oil cooking spray
    Half of a butternut squash, diced fairly small
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt or McCormick's Salt Free Lemon Pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    freshly ground black pepper
    8 soft corn tortillas or corn taco shells*
    1 jar green or red salsa, for serving

1. Gently warm the beans in a saucepan over low heat and mash them a bit with a potato masher. Add in the lime juice and garlic. Add a dash of cayenne for heat, if desired.

2. Heat a spray of olive oil in a skillet and lightly stir-fry the diced squash; season it with sea salt, Lemon Pepper, and spices. Stir frequently, until the squash is browned and tender (but not mushy), about 10 minutes.

*To serve soft tacos, heat the corn tortillas quickly one by one in a very hot dry skillet, about 10 seconds per side, wrap them quickly in a slightly damp clean towel, and place in a warmed dish or tortilla warmer. To serve hard shell tacos, warm the shells on a baking sheet briefly in the oven before serving.

Serve at the table family-style.

Spoon the fillings into warmed serving bowls at the table. Pour the green or red salsa into a serving bowl.

Have each person assemble their tacos by spooning in some black beans, sautéed squash, and salsa. Loosely roll up and enjoy!

Serves 4 at 2 per person.

Sorry, I don't have the nutrition information. Now that I'm calorie counting, I do need to calculate those numbers! I also use whole wheat tortillas and tons of lime juice on the beans.
  • I like butternut squash/black bean tacos too Also kale and potato enchiladas are really good as well.
  • Dinner TOMORROW, thanks!
  • Oh, Nellie - would you post the recipe for the enchiladas? I may have everything on hand I need. Definitely have to figure out how to eat all the kale I picked up before it goes bad!
  • Ooooh, this is a very tough question! I eat a wide variety of foods when I'm at home, but when I'm at school I eat on a meal plan, at a dining hall that certainly has lots of options--but almost none of them are healthy. Consequently, I end up eating certain foods with *very* great frequency, heh... So just to be true to reality, I'll say that one of my favorite lunches is a garden burger (on a wheat bun, with lettuce and tomato and nothing else!) and a hefty portion of steamed broccoli... That's exactly what I had for lunch today, in fact! Mmmm.
  • Plain roast chicken with veggies, for a treat roast poatoes and roast parsnips.