I am able to run...! :)

• I did not think I would be able to kick it up and run.

Made it through a couple of short intervals at 5mph on the treadmill today.
    The shortest was 30sec, the longest 75sec. So proud of myself.

Total was 30min and a distance of 1.92 miles.

Yay!
  • Good for you!!
  • Woohoo!!!
  • congrats
  • Woo hoo!

Be careful, running gets addictive once you get into it!
  • Great job, well done!
  • thanks you all!

just found the couch to 5K program.
    will try to work on it. seems like a great workout.

especially since i need to gain endurance and lose fat for my first goal:
    surf camp on june 27 (only 8 weeks to go...!)
  • Yeah for you Willow. I have such a struggle running and doing short intervals to get myself up to running more often. It's definitely a process. Let me know how it goes! I can run for about 1 min at a speed of about 5.0 on the treadmill before I have to stop, then walk for 2 min at 3.5 then run again. My goal by the end of May is to be able to run at 5.0 for 5 min and/or a whole song (long one) on my IPOD!
  • YAAY!! I've been there and I know it feels great so congrats! I'm towards the end of the C25K program now, I lost track of what week though lol. I do a 5 minute warm up and then just run for as long as I can which is around 2.25-2.5 miles. I love this program it really helps! Good luck!
  • Awesome!! Now you can just work on extending the time in small increments, you are on your way!
  • Yeah!!!!! Way to go!!!
  • Quote: Yeah for you Willow. I have such a struggle running and doing short intervals to get myself up to running more often. It's definitely a process. Let me know how it goes! I can run for about 1 min at a speed of about 5.0 on the treadmill before I have to stop, then walk for 2 min at 3.5 then run again. My goal by the end of May is to be able to run at 5.0 for 5 min and/or a whole song (long one) on my IPOD!
    that's exactly where i am at! running at 5mph, walking at 3.5mph.

let's all keep going. it is so much fun!
  • Woo hoo! That's awesome! I braved it and tried running for a couple of one min. intervals the other night...I managed a collective 2 mins. Hard to believe I used to run cross country!

Keep up the great work, before you know it, you'll be running more and more!
  • Quote: Woo hoo!

Be careful, running gets addictive once you get into it!
    soooooooooo true! and that goes hand to hand with shin splint!! (rubbing my painful leg)