Update on weight training during induction

• Hi everyone --

You may recall that last week I had a bad weight training session with my personal trainer. It was only my second day of Atkins induction. Once I started the training session, I got very weak and didn't feel too good, and my legs failed on my last set of squats, something that has never happened before.

So I thought I'd provide an update on how my strategy worked to see if I could weight train on induction without feeling bad. I decided to eat my entire carb intake for the day at the meal BEFORE weight training (for me breakfast). Actually, I spread the carbs between breakfast and a late-morning snack as my training session is at 1:30 p.m.

I felt GREAT. (Or as great as you can feel when your trainer is kicking your butt.) Very strong, none of the weakness of the previous session. Of course, I had no carbs left for the day, but I was able to manage that okay.

Of course, I have now been on Atkins a longer period of time, and perhaps just needed to become more acclimated.

Either way, I think (hope) the first problem is solved. Thanks to everyone for responding to help me. CJ