Back to the beach - hopefully for good!

• Hello all!

I am new to 3 chicks and am in my 2nd week of Phase 1 - hopefully for the last time! I lost 70 pounds on SB about 3 years ago, and did a pretty good job of keeping it off until I went back to work and have not figured out when to fit in exercise regularly. I have 3 kids, 11, 10 and 6 and am tired I have a wonderful friend to teaches yoga, and started taking her classes - they definitely make me feel better!

Now with 20 pounds to lose, I am so glad to have found this site and am looking forward to getting to know you!
  • welcome back to the beach
  • Welcome back, Celtic mom!
  • Thank you! I feel very optimistic I did it once, surely I can do it again. Although I am trying to be realistic, I am a little older and hormones may have a slight effect... So I think I will have to be very strict with myself.
  • welcome, and you can do it! i find it so much easier to stay on plan when visiting this site. and there are tons of great recipes too
  • Celtic! You might want to try tabatas. They take 4 minutes and pack a big wallop! Check out more in this thread. I downloaded music with cues that I use on my iPod. Fast, easy, and effective.

Can you also play physical games (tag, racing, sports) with your kids and/or go for walks with them? Might be a good way to fit exercise in to your time with them.
  • Thanks Laurie! I have never heard of tabatas - I will definitely check it out - my kids and I can play basketball and we do love to go on walks - if the weather would calm down a little!
  • Celtic, did you check the tabatas out? I'm amazed at what a difference they make! I've been slipping in one before my strength training, since I really don't have time for a full cardio workout with the hour of weights. It's something else!