Weighing at Boots (Max Weight)

• Hi - lurker here!

Can anyone help me with this?

DH has decided he has to do something about his weight (very overweight - lots of health problems). He is probably about 26 stone (going by fairly recent doctor's appointment) - far more than our home scales can deal with. Does anyone know what the Boots scales go up to?

TIA
  • I'm not really sure, I know i've been on them at 20stone something but not sure of the maximum.

I go and get weighed on a friday there, I can have a look for you then if that helps?
  • Actually just had a look at the boots site trying to find out the answer and noticed that they have a 1/2 price offer on bathroom scales at the moment.
    There are some that can even read up to 32 stone.

Might even invest in a new scale myself

Good on your hubby for trying to lose weight though, good luck
  • Hi Starbuck

Thanks for your replies. That is a kind offer to have a look for us on Friday. If I get a chance to pop in before then I'll let you know.

I must admit, I didn't realise it was possible to get home scales that went up so high. Ours are fairly "heavy duty" and only go up to 20 stone. I'll have to have a look. Thanks for that.

All the best.
  • Hi xohmimix3!

Thanks for the kind thoughts
  • Not sure if you had a chance to check or not but I looked today and it said 500lbs which I think is around 35 stone, so hubby would be fine.

Hope this helps
  • So glad someone posted this. I've been meaning to check when I pop in to Boots, but never manage it.
  • Hi all,

Thanks for that, Starbuck. In fact, we got to the Boots the same day as you, so hubby has been duly weighed (luckily the weighing scales in the Boots where we live is hidden away at the back; he said the one near where he works is right at the front of the shop, and he would never have the nerve to get on there). I don't think the BMI will be very accurate though - the machine reckoned he was 5' 9" tall, and he's really 6'1"!!!!!

Still,as you said in your other post, it is free at the moment, which is nice!

Thanks for your help
  • Hiya Clytemnestra, I'm not covinced by my height either. It say's im 5" 8', when I know i'm 5" 10'.