Eeek...I binged on almonds..

• Hey ladies. I am a little bored tonight. I am sitting in my bedroom while DH is watching TV in the living room. Out of pure boredom, I just caught myself eating almost a whole can of almonds. At least it wasn't pure junk, but I do feel bad about it since I've been trying so hard.

I just had to tell someone to get this off my chest. I know it could have been worse.
  • Ugh, boredom eating. I have battled and will continue to battle with that particular beast for a long time to come. It is so easy to reach for food to provide stimulation and a sense of reward. Even worse is when you're bored and don't even realize what or how much you're eating. Maybe I need a hobby !

Almonds are better than candy bars, that's for certain! Today I had a bowl of low-fat home made chili with cheese on the top because I was craving pizza. With the cheese it wasn't as low calorie as it would have been but I figure it's better than the alternative.

Some days you gotta pick your battles and be thankful for small mercies!

MN.
  • Try not to dwell on it, almonds are healthy atleast
  • At least it wasn't a whole box of doughnuts!
  • Yeah, at least it was healthy fats instead of crispy kreme or something like that.
    Just get back up on the diethorse.