How long were you on the unofficial "Phase 1.5"?

• I am nearing the end of Phase 1 (again) and am preparing myself for Phase 1.5. I am really afraid to go right into Phase 2 with all of that freedom, so onto "1.5". How long did you stay on it and still feel good? I know for Phase 2 there is a reason for the 3 servings of each, as the body is now deprived...just wondering how long I can go on Ph 1.5 without completely depriving my body of the benefits of the good carbs. I feel great on Ph1 and am really pushing myself to start the new phase. TIA!
  • Quote: I know for Phase 2 there is a reason for the 3 servings of each, as the body is now deprived...just wondering how long I can go on Ph 1.5 without completely depriving my body of the benefits of the good carbs.
    Phase 2 recommends 1-3 grains/starches & 1-3 fruits per day. PH2 re-introduces these two food groups with the suggestion to begin with one of each to see how your body responds. Some people stick with just the one and others find 2 or 3 servings of each or both group still results in continual weight loss.

PH1.5 in an unofficial phase that many who are in the one grain/one fruit most days have coined. I am in that group and have been on PH1.5 since Nov2008. Most days I have one fruit and one grain and occasionally, I will have more. It is what works best with MY body. YMMV

Also, PH1 does not completely deprive your body of good carbs. Remember, you are getting good carbs in veggies, dairy and your beans/legumes. It's just that you get more carbs in PH2 with carb-dense grains/starches and the sugar in fruits.

I would suggest moving on to PH2 with just one serving of grains/starches and fruits for a week or two and then try adding an additional serving of each and see how your body responds. Personally, being able to have my steel-cut oats or slice of whole-grain bread made a HUGE difference in being able to stick with the diet. The fruit...well, I eat it because I should.
  • I only did 1.5 for two weeks.
  • Wow, great picture Sass! Nice muscles
  • I have another week of Phase 1 and then I'm pretty sure I will be in Phase 1.5 for awhile. I have started and done Phase 1 several times this winter and as soon as I get into Phase 2 I lose all control. So I have told myself that this time I will go very slowly and stick to it!!!!!
  • Quote: Wow, great picture Sass! Nice muscles

Thanks Cyndi! Trying to catch up with you in the exercise game. You've got me beat!. I need to post a pic of me flexing. I've got gunz now! Hard work...sweat and a whole lot of tears and burning...it's so worth it!
  • Sass! OMg I'm totally inspired to go home and build some muscle!! You're Awesome! and Almost Married!!
  • So for high jackin' this thread!

Quote: Sass! OMg I'm totally inspired to go home and build some muscle!! You're Awesome! and Almost Married!!
    Thanks! I'm such a cheese puff...I posted a pic of my gunz in the April Exercise Challenge thread just now! Ha! Yep, we're getting hitched very soon!
  • Quote: Phase 2 recommends 1-3 grains/starches & 1-3 fruits per day. PH2 re-introduces these two food groups with the suggestion to begin with one of each to see how your body responds. Some people stick with just the one and others find 2 or 3 servings of each or both group still results in continual weight loss.

PH1.5 in an unofficial phase that many who are in the one grain/one fruit most days have coined. I am in that group and have been on PH1.5 since Nov2008. Most days I have one fruit and one grain and occasionally, I will have more. It is what works best with MY body. YMMV

Also, PH1 does not completely deprive your body of good carbs. Remember, you are getting good carbs in veggies, dairy and your beans/legumes. It's just that you get more carbs in PH2 with carb-dense grains/starches and the sugar in fruits.

I would suggest moving on to PH2 with just one serving of grains/starches and fruits for a week or two and then try adding an additional serving of each and see how your body responds. Personally, being able to have my steel-cut oats or slice of whole-grain bread made a HUGE difference in being able to stick with the diet. The fruit...well, I eat it because I should.
    Thank you so much!! I am just looking forward to my steel cut oats, too. I can really take or leave the fruit b/c I am afraid that it'll tempt me back into chocolate and my other downfalls. We shall see... I have 4 more days of Ph1 and then we'll see how I do. I just do not want to fail again.

Thanks!
  • some people can work up the 3 servings of each within a few months and still lose. I know i never made it past 2 of each, and had to cut back to only doing that a few days per week to still be able to lose. 1-2 servings of each works best for me, but you'll just have to experiment to see how your body reacts.
  • I maintain on 2-3 grains and 1-2 fruits, so Phase II for me was 1-2 grains and 1 fruit. Phase 1.5 was 1 grain first week, then 1 grain and 1 fruit.
  • Murph - I am the same way! If I do too many grains I feel really bloated and don't lose, so I stick to 1 or 2 during Phase 2, and 1-2 fruits. I love bread/cereal/grain in the morning, so I am kind of stuck the rest of the day.