DCHound's 99 Lb Loss

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • WOOHOO DC!!!! Fantastic job!!! You are looking FANTABULOUS!!!

Keep it up!
  • You look absolutely wonderful! Congratulations on this great achievement.
  • Congrats!!
  • DC, you look great!

Mugcandoit: PM me (I can't do it, not enough posts) I have 2 Bassets and I have some advice on their ears. I don't want to muck up DC's great accomplishment with Hound talk.
  • Oh we can always talk hounds here. Hounds welcome.
  • Congrats!! You look fantastic!!!!!!
  • Well if hound talk is welcome.
    The trick that we have found is to feed them a heaping tablespoon of plain Yogurt with their breakfast.
    Also if they do get an infection, we found that a blend of gentian violet, boric acid and Isoproyl Alcohol, works better then anything you can buy.

DC. I got your PM but I can't respond.
    That is really cool. I love Breathed, Rosebud is the reason I have hounds today. That and my love of Buttered Pop Tarts ; )
  • You look amazing, just incredible. I am down 42lbs now from 339lbs, under 300lbs which is a great feeling. Your words are right, you just have to keep trudging along. We all have our moments but keep working toward your goal, and you'll get there. For the first time in my life I'm thinking clearly to understand it's not a diet ! Thanks for the pics, it gives me hope.
  • Thanks everyone.

If the hound's ears are really inflamed, substitute witch hazel for the rubbing alcohol. For the correct proportions, google "blue power ear treatment."
  • Outstanding!
  • You look fabulous! I knoww you feel it too! know
  • Keep up the wonderful progress...You are doing great!!
  • How come I never saw these? OMG so fantastic!!!! You look great!
  • You look sooooooo good!!!!!!