5 Lbs of BOLOGNA ~ GUARANTEED Magic Pill

You're on Page 34 of 39
Go to
  • Hey all, I'm back in the flatlands. everything has gone well, The BF is fine (although he looks as if he went a few rounds with a big, burly boxer) and I am beat so I will go to bed and catch up with you all properly tomorrow.
  • Dutchgirl-Glad to know everything went well!

MsAugie-You'll see results soon!

EZMoney-Take care of yourself! Don't work too hard. Sorry to hear about the troubles with the new house. It is stressful buying a house and moving into it I found this past Feb. It is a happy event to be sure but stressful. Hang in there and I'm glad they have someone like you to help them. My husband has and continues to do most of the repairs himself.

WTG to everyone that's seen a drop!

I've been a bit down these past couple of days but I'm feeling better. I've been a bit busy since yesterday since I agreed to dog sit for someone that was going out of town for a workshop conference and let's just say I will never have 3 dogs. Two is more than enough for me. The dog will be gone Sunday so it's not like a week or anything. My husband did not sleep well due to our visitor barking loudly quite a bit last night so he wasn't his usual self this morning. At least I'm doing a favor for someone and can perhaps ask for one in return when I need it. I haven't weighed myself since Aunt Flo has been visiting my house this week and I've kind of indulged in some sweets that I had forgotten about. It is getting hot here in Texas this week to say the least but it's still OK in the evenings. It sure does make me want to have a nice patio furniture set though for my backyard. All in good time.. Everyone have a nice day! I'll be cooking again today since we're out of leftovers.
  • Well I have lost the gain from pre-TOM. Now I just need to go lower. Went to lunch with friends for my birthday. That was fun. I am gearing up for our run tomorrow. I am not doing a strenuous workout today. I did arms this morning and maybe a walk tonight.

Wish us luck. kelly just doesn't want to be last. Not a chance.
  • Off tomorrow! Will catch up!
  • Oh my gosh.. I think I get it I rejoined Weight Watchers (Calorie counting was bogging me down) and I FINALLY get it! After 4 times rejoining... Weight Watchers makes sense, and NO I don't have to be HUNGRY!!

Oi Vey...!!!! lol What have I done to my metabolism??
  • We did our 5k today. It was amazing. Finished in 38:10. That was smokin for us. I got an extra bonus....Third place in my age division. What?? Shut UP!!!
    It was fun. We are proud of ourselves and will certainly do it again.
  • Hi everybody,
    Forgive me for my absence, it was in a good cause.

Mindy, you Tiger you! You are AWESOME! That is some time you set there

Weegreen, isn't it great to have a lightbulb moment? You are going to do terrific!

Blond - Take it easy and don't overdo things girl. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Super J - how ya doing sweetie?

Jules - your coworker sounds like a blast. I hope to be that energetic at her age - come to think of it I am not that energetic now- but I am working on it.

EZ - how are you holding up with the floods? And just a note for the bookkeeping - we just passed the 500 mark on this thread!

I have not been a very good girl this past week on the eating front, although I have made sure I got my exercise in - so you could knock me over with a feather when I weighed myself yesterday and I had not gained anything! I even lost a few ounces. I am so confused, but hey, I'll gladly take it!
  • Happy Sunday Everyone!

Dutchgirl - so GLAD to hear that everything went well with the BF and that you didn't gain anything, and maybe even lost? WTG!

Super J - How are you doing girl? Hows the new meds and job hunting going? I am so sympathetic. HATE job hunting. Just remember what goes down always goes back up. That's the wheel of life and fortune. We're all destined to ride it and we're all here for you during the "down" spins!

Blonde - Boy I wish we could all give you some answers. Sounds like you have to take it day by day. I'm glad you're feeling a little better though and another few days and you should get that appointment. Three dogs - bless your heart!!! I can't imagine. My one of each (that includes the BF, the cat and the dog) try my patience regularly so I can't imagine how you do it!

EZ - Don't work too hard! But remember to mindful. You deserve those beers but do you really NEED them ;-) I look forward to you posting back how you just wasted away with all that work...

Mandy - hope you are doing well?

WeeGreen - love your profile pics and energy - look forward to your posts!

mrsaugie - I was with you this last week. Wobbly myself on the emotional eating and fell OP. Hoping the scale doesn't kick my butt in the morning...baitpile!!! I love it. We had one of those at the library when I worked there - except instead of a breakroom it was a baitroom!!! Everyone always brought in things - from candy to cupcakes to platters of enchiladas!!!! It was embarassing I must say the way I used to shovel it in.

mtiger - WTG on the 5K!!!!!!!!!! And then some! Very inspiring!!

jules - I would say I was with you on the C25K for September, but...

Well, team, I have to say my "heel pain" really sort of set me back emotionally. I have read up on it and tried to find some drugstore inserts to help, but the only thing that is helping is NOT TO WALK!!! I have been good the last three days and been working mostly from bed, but it has really upset me not to be able to do my long morning walks with Freyja. And rather than being good and eating less to make up for it I sort of, um, well have been feeling sorry for myself. Guilt this week included two too many beers and a mai tai, chili con queso and a binge day yesterday where I must have gone through an entire pot of chicken soup (heavy on the chicken). I also stopped calorie counting. Had several insommnia nights sweating about finances. I wish my HP talked LOUDER! Of course the real problem is I'm too busy talking and not listening GRIN. Sigh.

BUT BETTER TODAY! I reminded myself I work hard, I'm a good person - and I can't control most things. Just my actions and reactions. It's not like we don't have some resources and we have our health. Yesterday I found out one of our client's just lost one of their newborn twins to SIDs. I was in shock, as you can imagine - you just don't think it will happen to people you know and care about. And I have a wonderful designer who works for us whose husband has PKD and is not doing well on dialysis while he waits for a kidney transplant. They don't know how their story is going to end up. She has two small boys and works herself death and has some mystery thing going on with her, too Blonde - hers has to do with constant pain. Fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis seem the best answer but the doctors can't confirm either.

Okay - this has gotten long - but I guess what I'm admitting to is a pity party and also that I needed a good swift kick in the bum. I did modify my Independence Day Bowl because I can't walk (for how long?!) but dadgum it - I can do yoga, lift weights and I just have to really restrict my calories for a bit. Now just aiming for that "under 180" goal. I know there is a snowball's chance in **** of getting there now by the 5th, but I'm going to ignore the schedule and just am going to be happy to see it anytime in July.

Thanks for listening all! You all keep me motivated and SANE!
  • Hey Bobble - I'm sorry you're having a tough time, but it looks like you are on the right track with your thinking. Sometimes the body throws us curves that we have to deal with, like your painful foot. But you are right, there is other stuff you can do in the mean time. Is there a swimming pool you have access too? That would get you moving without putting pressure on your foot.
    As far as the food goes, you know what to do.
    And about the kick in the behind:
    Anytime, dear

Keep laughing - it is the best medicine for whatever ails you
  • I will see you all tomorrow!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY!
  • Mindy! It's your birthday!

Hope you have the best birthday ever.

• Bobble-Wow.. that's a LOT going on. I am so sorry to hear about that couple's loss of their child. Plus the wife working while the husband is so sick and she's sick herself that's tough then to have little chidren to boot! I don't have kids myself yet and right now I hate to say it but it's sort of a mixed blessing. I don't know if I could be a good mother some days. The thing that is tough for me is not knowing. I've had leukemia mentioned I've had all sorts of other scary things mentioned but still no diagnosis so I can definitely understand. I'd ALMOST love for it to be fibromagylia or RA myself. There are medications that can help alleviate the symptoms I have and hers as well. The best news for me would be that I just have had a bad case of mono and that I wasn't resting enough when I was first diagnosed. But yes you're right I'm really realizing it's getting to the point where I have to take it day by day. As for your foot, I am sorry!! But if you have access to a pool that would be wonderful!

Dutchgirl-WTG on no weight gain even some ounces lost!

Mtiger-WTG on that time! Happy Birthday!!

Weegreen lassie-Glad you are back!

I am TIRED today. Yesterday was not a very good day with the dogs. It was one thing after another. I would get one mess cleaned up and they would either be in my way all curious about what I was doing or off making another mess while I was cleaning up the first mess. Our visitor dog is a bit difficult to say the least. So I don't think I'll be dog sitting again at least for this one. I'm a little annoyed as well since I was under the impression the owner would be picking him up Sunday morning at the latest and it's almost 2pm here. I just contacted her over an hour ago to ask her where she is and just now heard back and she she's apparently stopped in somewhere to have a last minute visit with some friends. And her husband has been home from his business trip as well and hasn't even contacted me and come to get him like the plan was. So I don't know what's going on! I had some tenative plans/errands set up for today but that's kind of gone out the window. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
  • Speaking of tired, I am beat. It has been a long weekend filled with visitors, 5k's partying, birthdays, you name it. I am ready for it to be Monday and back to some sense of normallcy. I am also hoping the scale will show some progress. I am still chasing the elusive 185.

Sounds like there is more than enough stress and tiredness going on around here. So for everyone- Take it easy. Keep your head in the right place and focus on what is important at the moment. Hang in there.
  • HI TEAM ~

My week-end was as busy as my week! I didn't work but between a 4 mile walk in the morning to Starbucks, off to Target for levis and stuff, Trader Joe's and grocery shopping then out to dinner with Angie's daughter and friends, her ex and his SO on Saturday....then church today...back to the store then off to dog beach for a few hours I am exhausted....just chillin' watching the Laker game.

My weight is holding steady at 182 which is still 7 over my red line.....dang...

my second anniversary of my "journey of better choices"...July 23rd...is sneaking up on me....I need to work it girls!! Work it!