5 Lbs of BOLOGNA ~ GUARANTEED Magic Pill

You're on Page 28 of 39
Go to
  • Good evening everyone. Thanks are going pretty good here. I started the Biggest loser challenge, a little summer camp we call it till the next season starts. Mtiger, are we still on Red together? I have exercised 2 times this week and part of that was me jogging a WHOLE MILE with out walking, the walked 1/2mile. Tonights dinner was 2 thinly sliced pork chops on the grill, mixed veggies wrapped in tin foil on the grill also, then some boiled potatoes with a little butter and lowfat sour cream. The pork chops were SO good, i was sad when dinner was over.
  • Healthfreak - Welcome - LOL - I better let EZ explain that one ;-)

Super J - So glad to see you are back and feeling better. Hugs - missed you!

I guess I've been fairly lucky ladies as my TOM is never particularly severe. However, as I mentioned early on the progesterone cream (for me) has been a lifesaver. I've lost most of my cravings, my acne has cleared up and my emotions have all evened out the lat months. I wish I'd started it sooner. But you all have MY SYMPATHIES. I have gone through years where I swore I was bipolar and manic. I've had nervous breakdowns and all sorts of heck. Being a woman is sometimes UNREAL!

Dutch - Thank you for the thoughtful remark about Salem. You are EXACTLY right. It does seem a relief in contrast. Of course we're still just starting the journey but I'm in a much better place to handle it, I guess. Radishes - YUM!!!!

Well all, not sure I'm going to show a loss again at the scale this Sunday. I don't feel any difference in my clothes at all from last week. I sure had hoped I wouldn't plateau before my BDay but I'm not going to give up either ladies!!!!! If you'll stick with it, so will I. We'll see that scale drop again!
  • Mandy - yeah!!!! Missed you - sounds like the ankle is all better! Yum, porkchops. I didn't want to go there ;-))))) LOL
  • Quote: Mandy - yeah!!!! Missed you - sounds like the ankle is all better! Yum, porkchops. I didn't want to go there ;-))))) LOL
    aaww, i like being missed )
  • Hey Team - EZ - What do you think? How about a 4th of July Challenge Baloney Bowl?

We have almost exactly five weeks and I could really use some motivation to get some workouts in now that the exercise room is going to be inaccessible for another week while they finish repainting the pool. Grrr. Something to make me do those crunches and pushups and planks every day...maybe some sort of minutes challenge? I see them throughout the forum but not really sure how they work. Except that you post your minutes spent exercising daily and they accumulate. We all like to exercise (well we all seem to do it anyway!) and maybe it would help taking our minds off the scale for a bit while we focus on fitness?

Just thinking out loud...
  • Thanks everyone!!!

So today is the day I drag myself back to the gym.

Must drink water, must drink water...
  • Hey everybody.

Mandy - so glad to see you back, and in fighting form as well, looking at your activities. Way to go, girl! Porkchops, YUM! they are on my shopping list as well this week.

Jeanette - missed you too! Isn't TOM just the most awful thing? I thought I was finally done with it, but nooooooo! Don't go bananas at the gym, ease back into it.

MrsAugie - Good job doing a rethink. I am curious to see what your plan is going to be. Whatever you do, You can be assured of a team to cheer you on all the way!

Mtiger - thank for the wise words. You are right, sometimes being a woman sucks - Right, Super J.? I have picked up Christiane Northrup's book on menopause, that might give me some ideas. Bootcamp and a 5K on consecutive nights? Ouch much! You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? But well done you

Blond - feeling better, I hope?

Bobble - a 4th of July Baloney Bowl? Count me in, girl! It is high time I ramped up the exercise anyway.

Gary - STOP LURKING!!!

After a 10 hour sleep (I think I needed that!) I did my run this morning and really enjoyed it, and it made me feel so much better. Before I went out I sneaked a peek on the scale and it surprised me - it said (she whispers) 207lb. OMG. I am not posting that, I don't trust it even though I double checked - got off the scale and then got back on. Then for good measure I picked it up and put it down on another spot on the floor and got back on it. You guys ever do that? Hope to get a walk and some weight training in tomorrow. Will let you know how that goes.
    Habe a great day all!
  • I didn't get the job and I may be laid off. I'm really NOT in a happy place right now.

I'm going out with friends. bbl.
  • Jeannette-I'm so sorry. You've had a worse day than what I have had.

I was going to post about being upset myself with work drama. I've had a girl to be pretty rude to me at work and I've been walking around all confused for awhile as to why. So today I finally asked her what was wrong and she informed me that she was mad at me because someone had told her I had been saying negative things about her. She refused to tell me who told her, she refused to tell me what exactly I said or what this person says I said. Meanwhile I've had three people to complain/comment to me privately about her and how she performs her job and I assumed they were venting to me and I did my best to say neutral supportive things. I've kept my mouth shut and not said a word to this girl about the complaints that have been aired to me and now she's mad at me. I can only assume one of these three people turned around and told her only what I said. I've already apologized more than once with no response from her. But what really gets me is that I feel I can't tell her the whole truth unfortunately since that would mean I'm stooping to the same level of the person whoever it is that has betrayed MY confidence and potentially betraying the confidence of innocent people since I don't know who it is that told her all of this. Today eating wise was shot due to me needing a better lunch than what I brought to work. So I had Sonic for lunch.

Have a nice night!
  • Blonde, the same thing happened to me at my job at the gym last year! Ended up with me getting threatening phone calls and it was miserable.

I ate okay today. Not great, but okay. Then I went out and bought The Alchemist.

I may have an opportunity to work for another department in the college. Hopefully I get an interview next week. God, I hope so.
  • Oh, Jeannette! That is unhappy and frustrating news!!
    Hang in there -hopefully you won't be laid off and won't have to cross that bridge. That worry plus not getting that job you wanted is a true downer. I'm glad you are taking the evening off to go out and be with friends! I am rooting you get the next one you apply for as you DESERVE to have a good job you like and is fulfilling!

Blonde - Here you worked so hard to stay out of drama but those that perpetuate it sucked you in anyway despite your best efforts. Doesn't that just make you want to bang your head repeatedly against a wall???! Sounds like an energy-draining situation exactly when you need to be focusing on your health and not someone else's dysfunction.
    Hopefully it will resolve itself quickly! What do you like at Sonic? I always find it's one of those - oh, yum scenarios that I crave but where I end up disappointed in what I get. Well except for the shakes....OH YUM!

Dutch - (Saying very quietly - WOO WOO WOO!) I boy the 207 hope it sticks for you (at least it doesn't go up - I hope it doesn't STICK STICK and keeps going down - ssshhhhh)

mtiger - Bootcamp AND a 5K - OWWWWIE - you are AMAZON WOMAN.

mrsaugie - how did the weigh in go this morning? I have my fingers crossed for you...

Okay Dutchgirl! Starting tomorrow I'm going to start my "minutes" challenge. I'm going to challenge myself to do 2100 minutes (cardio and resistance) by July 5th (one day after Independence Day). That is 60 minutes a day. And this won't include dog walks or "shopping" - I can only count "brisk" walks (which is about 30-40 minutes every day depending which way I go). So this means I need to get in another 20 minutes every day of "real" working out. Which is a bit of a challenge for me as I usually take 3 days off from any other exercise :-).

5/29 = 0/2100
  • Thanks, bobble. My friends have all been great and my family has been supportive. Even my boss who had to give me all this bad news is trying to find me a new job within the college, so that's good.

2100 minutes! You can do that!!!
  • HI TEAM ~

So sorry to diss you! I have been busy at my son's house painting after work and on the week-end....just got home from there and will be there at 8am tomorrow...getting close to being done.

Tomorrow afternoon Angie and I had down to San Diego to spend the night with daughter and the kidnapper.... my daughter will run the San Diego Rock and Roll marathon on Sunday. Angie is making chicken cacciatore for dinner and my son in law, Angie and I will be out on the course rooting her on.

I have read and I will have you all in my prayers...keep me close gals...I will be back in full strength soon!
  • We do understand, Gary, and speaking for myself, I don't feel dissed. You must be getting pretty tired with all the extra work.

Jeanette, I am so sorry you didn't get the job but hang in there - something good will come up for you.

Blond - it might be wise next time someone tries to vent to you about a co-worker, to tell them in the nicest possible way that they need to take their issues up with either the person herself or with her supervisor. That way you don't end up with both sides mad at you, and there is nothing you personally can do to resolve the situation anyway.

Bobble - I'm there! I can't do a full hour every day, but 30 minutes are manageable. and anything over that is a bonus. So I'll commit to 1200 minutes by July 4th starting tomorrow. That is a good increase on what I am doing now, and get me going.

I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!
  • down 2 pound back to 177. as far as rethinking the plan and finding something that will work i am still working on that. i think i am going to go back to the eating til i am no longer hungry yes i know that this can be an issue and lead to over eating. but i have found that once i find that point i can do fine. as far as the exercising i think all i need to do is get back in the habit of it and this week will be a good one for that since i am not working at all. so that is going to be the plan and we will see what happens.